Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Ok I admit it I am a speed freak!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Ok I admit it I am a speed freak!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 AM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok I admit it I am a speed freak!

I started flying glow a little over a year ago, I had moved into 3D and funfly stuff. I still have my electrics but they sit and my go fast planes are in that category. I have been resisting the urge to buy a go fast glow plane but I think my resistance is futile. I have a way over powered Four Star .40 but I'm tired of abusing that poor plane and quit flying it so I won't rip the wings off..lol.

I am not convinced that I need a diamond dust or similar, I looked pretty hard at the model tech mach raider. I am still just poking around, I have been looking at prop jets and can't decide if I am impressed. I am toying with the idea of building a plane out of pink foam using similar techniques like [link=http://www.crazyherb.com/]crazy herb[/link].

Interesting enough I ran across a plane I did not know exists I don't know if I could do it successfully but I have not seen a model of this plane and I think it would be #1 very cool and #2 very fast. Take a look, offer up your comments.

F-16XL

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-16xl.pl

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97881.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	485709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54841.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	485710  
Old 07-02-2006, 10:48 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Ok I admit it I am a speed freak!

AGR 413:

Good for you. Wanna go fast cheep and have a great flyer? Not going to believe this, but start with a Av-Star trainer by Hobbico. Make wilng flat, cut down to 40-46", streemline in front a little, power with any decent 46 with Jett or Performance specialities pipe and look for a good flying bird and around 150 mph. Guy flys one against my Matney animal zoomer with Jett 50 and gives me a real hard time with it. I have say 3-5 mph on him with a airframe designed to scoot. Thing turns well and lands well. Make it a taildragger and ENJOY.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

rmenke- Seriously, all we need to do to hit 150MPH is clip down the Avistar? I enjoy your posts but I cannot believe that thing will hit 150 with any decent 46 and a good muffler...

AGR 413- Welcome to the speed area... The Diamond Dust is VERY fast and is cheap and easy to build- you could also get a quickee design if you want wheels. That delta jet is VERY cool, would you be doing it without gear?

Cheers!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

rmenke- This thing? 150mph? I don't care what mods are done there is just no way... [X(] Flatten the wing, clip it, cowl a bit up front and there you go...?

Sorry but I am gonna have to call BS on that one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74368.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	485839  
Old 07-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is some company that makes EDF small scale jets like F-16, 18's etc. Get one of those and bash it into that XL and see how it goes?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 AM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

I would be doing the 16XL with gear but fixed...well at least to begin with. I talked with a flying friend of mine today about the project it sounds better and better. I am thinking of cutting the wings out of pink foam and sheeting them with balsa and glassing it. I don't really know when I will be able to do it we are renting a house right now and can't decide if we should buy a house or what so my shop is kind of make shift compared to usual. But this project is definetly going in the want to do pile. With a very thin airfoil this thing should rip and have very friendly flight characteristics. Thanks for all the comments.