Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Help match plane for a Jett engine

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Help match plane for a Jett engine

Old 12-06-2006, 08:04 AM
asmithnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help match plane for a Jett engine

I am currently looking at a Jett FIRE .60LX High Performance which is rear exhaust. I would like to match this to a plane but need a little help. I don't want a whiplash syle but a sleek narrow center fuslage. Fiberglass would be nice but a kit build would do. I came here because you guys are the experts so any help would be most useful. Thanks in advance Andy!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Help match plane for a Jett engine

Just of note, the 60LX is available as a side exhaust also. Comes complete with the special 60LX tuned muffler

A couple of options to look at - depending on what you are seeking to do....

QM40 kit - Matney Models still offers the glass/foam Napier - you can run the pipe along the side if you wish. Some other QM40s out there too .... about the quickets, narrowest you are going to find (easily) that can accomodate a FIRE configuration easily.

Patriot or F-20 are an option. Not an issue running the pipe out the back

Seek out MK Aurora 45, Magic 40 kits. Older pattern designs, for RE configuration. With the gear up, they will really haul.

Look up Deadstik on here (Dan, Carolina Custom Aircraft). He offers some vintage foam/glass pattern aircraft. The more modern "60" size 8lb birds are a bit too big for the 60LX, but look at stuff like the Intruder.... although more useful as a side exhaust, the plane is the right size to allow the LX to do its stuff

Look up angelrcdesign on here (look for Rifle thread) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5077370
I think Angel can set up the Rifle for RE engines !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17789.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	572682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61515.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	572683  
Old 12-06-2006, 12:19 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Asmithnc:

Another good scooter is the Matney Models "Animal Zoomer" found at his web site under the Q-500 heading. Fiberglass fuse, foam wing. Must keep it light (reasonably) A great all around model is the "Tsumani" 40, quite fast fixed with a good scooter motor, better yet with retracts. It is a stick kit, not super easy to build but well worth it. I have had 4 over the years, one for over 8 years before something electrical went south. Find the Tsumani at A.R.D. models if they still kit them. They bought out the original kitter, Direct Connections. I will build another some day soon!! ENJOY
Old 12-06-2006, 01:13 PM
asmithnc

Thanks guys for the info.
I know my post makes me out to be a newbi and I am when it comes to plane but not motors. I am an airboat builder on a quest for speed. I know when I say airboater Most will x out this thread and continue on to another post.
This is my reason for asking. I will buy the best performing engine IMO and sleekiest fuslage make it super light and try to fly across the water with a chase boat following. The boat will look like a float plane without wings. With the exhaust out the rear will allow me to keep most of the weight in center line with the craft. I may also want to consider a side mout and just turn the engine 90 degrees. I just want to keep this thing sleek for aero since water drag is always an issue. With this said will it be better for me to buy a center fuslage or a kit.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
asmithnc

Below is the latest addition to my line up. Powered by an Evo 1.00 and is 46" long ans 35"wide est. 5.5lbs. I want to stay away for this non aero extra bulk style boat. I have not had a chance to run this boat due to my partner sticking this hand through my prop. 10 slices and 31 stiches later and zero on the gps for top speed. The Jett engine need a good platform thats why I need your help. Thanks for reading my post.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

interesting..... living in ground effect

this is an old link ---- something similar, but not quite as top-fuel
http://www.rchra.com/missbudweiser.html
Old 12-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Troy-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Have you seen the fastest RC boat in the world? It looks very similar to what you're attempting though finding an airplane fuse to suit your needs is an interesting concept.

140.9mph and it's E-powered
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And look at those rounds tubes supporting the outriggers - there's less drag to be had yet!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:41 PM
asmithnc

There is a pic a japanese airboat. Rumors that they have been as fast as 116mph powered by a K&B 7.5 cc engine. Is it true ? got me but what an accomplishment. I want to correctly document a speed attempt. If I can't buy it I'll machine it.