Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Patriot related

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:29 AM
Methanolover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patriot related

sorry, wrong link above[:-]
http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/DJDSW318CKKDHPCH
Old 07-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mhhh really nice . Vertical performance seems awesome indeed. Makes me wonder if my SJ50 setup on my Pat is worth it . That particular engine might end up on the Shrike then...

The dead stick landing was incredibly fast (nice skills !), isn't there any way to slow it down / flare it a bit more ? Maybe a too forward cg ? I want to see the "2nd gear" vid
Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Strykaas

I had not watched it till the end, 2nd landing is better
Old 07-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

The Patriot with a Jett-50 is an awesome set-up. It seems like it'd be hard to get the CG correct with the 90 up front. Sure would be fun to try....16K with a 10 pitch what is the speed there?

Nice video!!

I always thought, as far as practicality, the only combo better suited for the Patriot-40 than the Jett-50 is the Jett-60LX
Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Methanolover

I keep landings fairly fast as this Pat weigh 7.7lbs[X(] I shure would need the flaps.
No problem balancing, just move F1 back as far as possible (mine is .75") could be more if care is taken for the nose gear, might need to rework F2 and wing.
Put the battery (5 Cekll) in tail cone and add some 3 oz of lead too[:'(] but aamof the Rossi demanded exactly that amount of lead!
It such a difference between the .90LX and the Rossi .53, I'd never switch back; take offs are effortless and vertikal is out of sight in no time. It's definately faster level (not measured) and when geared up to a 12" pitch even faster (I hope) But as Razor states, the 60LX in a lightly built Pat must be perfect. I also have a sj50 with a black ss muffler, and that's ideal for my other favourite: The Rifle wich is a smaller and less draggy plane.
This is so fun that I'm still smiling after today's flight
I flew it 9 minutes and still there was about 6 oz of fuel left, out of a total 20.
It doesn't seem to wibrate much, the engine is so well balanced, but it does vibrate a little more, obviously ; I've had two problems with internal items rotating! The air tank,foldering the air line so the gear wouldn't go up, and the front fuel tank,causing its pressure line to be compressed between fuse side and engine to go too lean.
H
Old 07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome plane! Sounds great! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Strykaas

7.7lbs [X(][X(][X(]
Old 07-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Methanolover

yes.... but I only think about it when I land. In every other mode It actually feels lighter!!! Thanks to Mr Jett 90LX!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 PM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

I was reading through this and really enjoyed it. It might be possibel to add 2-3" to rear of the fuse to counteract the CG problem that the Patriot has even with the 46 size motors. Last winter I built an Ultra Sport 40+ and lengthened the fuse at the rear three inches and mounted a Super Tiger 90 on the nose, it flew great and tracked much better in the air. I had the same plane (stock US) about six years ago with 61FX and it didn't fly nearly as well. The extra length helped with the extra torque the larger motor exerts on the frame as well. With the Patriots battery, servos, etc. in the rear the three inches or so would make a big difference in the balance point. The extra fuel must be considered also. Oh, I have a Patriot as well and know the flight characteristics and building considerations. This plane is built very rugged and heavy and needs the extra power to get it up to speed. I have two more kits that I may give this idea a try in the future.