Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

JETT engines?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JETT engines?

ORIGINAL: HighPlains

Not to worry, we love our Canadian "States". If it wasn't for Canada, there wouldn't be any programming on the SciFi channel. Florida's too crowded anyway, so take it.
No, no.. I meant without the residents.

Canadian States, don't even think about it! We like having the population of one State spread out over the nation. The population would be more dense than it is, but most people freeze to death before they reach puberty. Plus, all the women are constantly whining about being cold at night so there isn't much action to deal with the population issue for those that are theoretically able. That's why we have to have so much immigraiton, well, that and to keep US border officials on their toes.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 PM
GRAND MASTER B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen/heard complaints on nearly every engine we have but not once have I ever seen/heard anything negative around a Jett.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

ORIGINAL: GRAND MASTER B

I have seen/heard complaints on nearly every engine we have but not once have I ever seen/heard anything negative around a Jett.
They cost too much... OK?

And the real truth is: the VALUE exceeds the Co$t.

And I will also say I bought a RAM 750 turbine used priced right...
Now I have a JetCat P-80 and the RAM 750 has a new owner.

Bob
Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 AM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

I have a negative commenent about Jett engines.I only have two of them,I need some more of them.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Dub is a One Man Show and all engines are Built To Order, more like a subway sandwich then fine wine, they don't require yrs of sitting, they are ready to run.

kc
I like the anaology to the Subway shop [&:]

Jett ....... fly fresh ?

The image that was included in the re-post above of the engines lined up on the bench.... that is indeed the way things go together in the shop. With a firm order in place, the engine is placed in line. Once assembled, it is taken in the back shop for its test run. Once run, it is pacakged and shipped.

Sometimes the lead time comes from waiting for parts/anodizing/castings from suppliers. Often enough, a brief delay here has a huge ripple effect in shipping lead time that is hard to recover from. Also, Dub has other industrial and military products he manufactures too that sometimes take priority. Oddly enough, those are the ones that allow him to earn enough to stay in the engine business.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

I wonder if someone somewhere has a JETT tatooed on his body[X(]

(don't need to bring up the FLY FRESH analogy)

Good one Bob!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: bob27s
Also, Dub has other industrial and military products he manufactures too that sometimes take priority. Oddly enough, those are the ones that allow him to earn enough to stay in the engine business.
Oh, you mean like our business where commercial and military projects help make up for the zero profit to minor losses we enjoy in the hobby product line?... They always take priority, just ask the beancounter.

We can justify our hobby products in one other way, and that is that they are a calling card that has brought us in some lucrative mil and commercial business. In fact, it is not uncommon for phase I contracts to use hobby products in sub-scale or dummy article tests, then progress to development of production articles in subsequent phases.

Speaking of which, I better stop putzing with my film can tanks and go make some product to sell..

MJD
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
alpinestar

OK OK OK... I bit the bullet at the Toledo show & bought a Jett-50 from the man himself. Just finishing up a FW-190 & will soon start on the new Jett's home... a Balsa USA Northstar. Should be fun!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't you think the Jett-50 would be a little heavy for the Northstar ?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:15 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

Don't you think the Jett-50 would be a little heavy for the Northstar ?
the Northstar is a 40 class plane, the Jett 50 is a 40 class engine. for all out performance I'd likely go with the 60 LX myself (also a 40 class sized engine in the Jetts). I've got a Jett FIRE 60 LX on a Diamond Dust (15-25 class airframe) and performance is pretty amazing with the 8.8 x 9.75 APC swinging at 22K.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Strykaas

Indeed, I agree with you, but this particular aircraft is *very* sensitive to engine weight. You might end up losing added power with balance lead [&o]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
KC36330

forgive me if i completely miss your point, the Jett 60 LX is 1/2 OZ lighter then an OS 46. any of the Jett engines from the 40 to the 60 would be an excellent choice for a Balsa USA Northstar.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Doc.316

Hello;
My buddy bought a Jett .90 for use in a "Lil Tony". We race 1/4 scale scale formula 1's and I gotta say that it is one strong engine that idles well. We can pass everyone and give them a 1/2 lap head start or if you want lap them all after a decent but safe flying start. In fact the engine is so good they pretty much banned it after the first year. What amazes me is that it idles so good. It really does idle well. The other engines in the class are OS and superigre. The only complaint...and do not worry it is a minor one...is that crazy muffler mount for the little tony. It does work...but since when you put it together the bolts are er kinda bending we have lost a couple of them (broken). I realize the bent muffler extension was probably an engineering nightmare and we have probably run the plane more than any others out there so I can't really complain.

Steve
Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

Indeed, I agree with you, but this particular aircraft is *very* sensitive to engine weight. You might end up losing added power with balance lead [&o]
Specs are here: www.jettengineering.com

As KC says, this is a light engine - it is a "small block" .60, in other words a .60 in a .40 size case. Check out the specs on their webpage. Monster engine.

MJD
Old 11-24-2007, 11:03 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So if you buy a used Jett and it has some issue, say down in power or something, can you send it to Jett and get it refurbished?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 AM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

So if you buy a used Jett and it has some issue, say down in power or something, can you send it to Jett and get it refurbished?
Yes. For the standard non warranty repair fees.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Airnondas
My Feedback: (6)

I was looking for fast reliable no fuss engine to put in an Alley cat racer.

I bought a Jett and even though my expectations were high, all I can say is that

Mr Jett produces the finest most reliable two cycle engines money can buy.

As far as performance nothing can even come close

Something you can not buy is service and Mr Jett gives the best service in the industry.

He signs every engine he builds.

The idle and transition to full throttle is like a dragster on nitro doing the quarter mile.

Airnondas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23936.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	827528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89313.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	827529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93589.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	827530  
Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Guys:

JUST STOP IT!!!! Trying to compair a OS, TT, ST, Rossie, YS etc. to a Jett is simply a big waste of time. Its like trying to compair a Hugo to a Farrari. Those who try are in total denial. Those who stubbornly think they can are kindly invited to drop by central California when next in the neighborhood and give it a try. I am sure there are other Rever Brotherhood pilots that would welcome you to their area and give you a demonstration of reality. No, we do not claim to be the best pilots in the world, or have the fastest airplanes in the World, just a group of characters that enjoy speed and have a nack for getting things done. To be fair, there are some world class pilots in our bunch, such as Dave Norman and a host of other, so take care who you call out. Am talking compairable airframes here, you can't bring a Q-40, Nelson powered and want to fly it against my Avi Star. But, you can bring that Q-500 with the TT 46 up front and give it a try. Chances are you will force me to change airframes to something more compairable. You may even force my use of a Jett 35 that has seldom seen defeat. If you are really quick, the Jett 60LX will come out, then we will talk of how many times it will lap you in 10 circuts of our 600' two pylon course. The reality is that if you want to compete, even with this very old man, you gotta bring a sword to a sword fight. Yes, there are equal engines out there, all costing about the same or more than a Sports Jett, and they are pure racing engines, usually unable to idle. Will show you a Jett 60LX with a 8.75 X 8.50 apc will outrun you top end, and then hover and maby torque roll, land at a normal pace and still be running to taxi in. Oh, yea, the 35 is 6 years old of racing and practice, and still very strong. If it was a OS, I would have replaced it at least 5 times by now. My OS 46 in our club T-34 class must be replaced every year to keep up with the crowd. New is cheaper than new bearings and top end. If you wanta burn holes and make noise, almost anything will do the job. If you want to keep up with the Brotherhood, better bring a Jett.

Name:	Vt56658.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	828729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16964.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	828730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44540.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	828731  
Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM
SPEED JUNKIE
My Feedback: (14)

lOVE IT!
If you don't have one get one!
Sooner or later your gonna' die anyway. It would be a shame to die without having a jet![:@]
Save aluminum cans and give blood![:-]
You will have one by summer![X(]
SJ

Name:	Ge96489.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	828746  
Old 12-18-2007, 05:04 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: SPEED JUNKIE

lOVE IT!
Sooner or later your gonna' die anyway. It would be a shame to die without having a jet![:@]
Save aluminum cans and give blood![:-]
You will have one by summer![X(]
SJ
ROFL....... Give blood .... I have to try that one next time

(years ago i did save cans ... that 5cent deposit adds up!)

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Crazy4Flight

ORIGINAL: vasek

I wonder if someone somewhere has a JETT tatooed on his body[X(]

(don't need to bring up the FLY FRESH analogy)

Good one Bob!
My girlfriend has a JETT logo tatoo on her body....

butt the moderators will not allow me to post the picture here.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: SPEED JUNKIE

I've traded/sold off most of my Jett's for JetCat's but so i can die in peace I've held onto my 60LX on the Diamond Dust

unfortunately it takes a whole lotta aluminum cans to get a JetCat and the body only has so much blood to spare
Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

butt the moderators will not allow me to post the picture here.
She sure knows how to pick the spot....[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=75_75.gif]

Maybe if you zoom-in real close , there won't be enough "evidence" to put you on the RCU black list (just a thought)
Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Crazy4Flight

Well, I can' take that chance. The RCU mods might even call my mom and tell on me...[sm=47_47.gif]
Old 12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Strykaas

Haha post it on flickr if you dare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.