Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Global Tequila Sunrise power

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Global Tequila Sunrise power

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
rcshawn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Tequila Sunrise power

Hey guys I just picked up a Tequila Sunrise to fly after work. It can stay assembled in the back of my truck and requires no setup at the field. I wanted to get some power suggestions to feed my need for speed. I was looking at an os. 32sx or a thundertiger pro 36 what do you all think? I don't fly props very often, mostly jets, so I am not the best at guaging engine prop combos any help is greatly appreciated.

I was also concerned about flutter on the surfaces, do you think this plane needs hinge gap covers?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
combatpigg

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Global Tequila Sunrise power

I have heard [and seen for myself] that you will need to keep that plane flying fast to keep it from crashing, so I guess it qualifies for this forum. The OS .32 is one of the strongest .25 sized engines around, and it should swing a 9x4 well enough to keep that sucker from snap rolling when you pull a tight turn or try an aggressive manuever. A plane that size should not weigh over 3 pounds if it is gonna be a good all around performer. If you have jet experience, you might consider this plane a piece of cake, then disregard my earlier remarks.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're looking for speed the 32SX w/ pipe and an APC 9x7 is a great combo, takes a bit of ground to get airborne but once in the air speed with that combo is pretty amazing even on heavier wing loaded airframes.

also I've not noticed the high speed flight required to prevent crashing on the few I've flown of other club members, they fly pretty good for what they are and the above mentioned might need some CG changes.

kc
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
rcshawn

Thanks, guys, I went to the hobby store today to find that they did not have the 32sx in stock[] I will try a different shop thursday. I think they will have the engine and the pipe.

Have any of you experienced flutter with this airframe? almost lost one of min last friday due to aileron failure and was only going about 100 - 110mph striped brand a new servo!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always take precautions on fast airframes to prevent flutter, clip ailerons that go full length, seal the hinge gap, no slop in linkages, etc...... as the old saying goes, an oz of prevention is worth more then a pound of cure.

kc
Old 03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

This plane has a bad tendacy to high speed stall the wing! Just make sure you keep the elevator throws to a minimum!
At speed you do not want to put a lot of throw on the elevator, it will snap on you. Has to do with the swept leading edge on the wing!

Great flying speed plane! and keep it close! that thing gets very small, fast!