Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Duellist maiden- with Jett FIRE 50's and pipes

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Duellist maiden- with Jett FIRE 50's and pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
nexxa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duellist maiden- with Jett FIRE 50's and pipes

ORIGINAL: Build-n-flyer-RCU

The good news, I got the engines synched much better and resolved the flutter problem on my Duellist.

The bad news, I re-kitted the plane Sunday due to a dumb landing error on my part (see the twins forum for details). It was my first crash in 3 years of flying twins.

It will take a while to get it repaired and flying again.

A new question- with the flutter gone I was able to get the engines completely up on the pipes and really build serious speed. But it would eventually reach a speed where the airplane began oscillating up and down (porpoising?). No flutter noise, just a slight pitch up then down maybe a few times per second. Has anyone seen this before? What could cause it?

Walt

For your Oscillating trouble. (assuming there is no flutter or loose parts on the airplane)

Just put more weight in the nose. Advance your balance point 1/4" at the time. Until you can fly it full speed without oscillations. The plane will become very stable at high speed but will be less manoeuvrable at lower speed...