Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners >

Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cermark F16 propjet CG WARNING for new owners

Bump, since I just read in "build it better, stronger, faster" that someone else has become a victim of Cermarks poor instruction manual.
Youd think they could at least add an adendum to the manual.

Im starting to think they owe some of us new fuse's since our stuff is getting tore up due to their negligence.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Thanx for bumping this thread I just started to balancing tonight and started looking through the other thread ot find the right CG
I am going to go with the 7.25 and go from there.
Thanx again
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Hope everything goes well for you bro.
Cheers.
James
Old 10-20-2007, 06:52 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Seem like a couple of more people are now getting this plane So I thought this would be usefull.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
My Feedback: (61)

I've got more info out of the two forums on this plane than the manual ever thought about. They can't even get the pictures right. One pic shows the stab horn towards the stab and another shows it the other way. Just watch out for slop in the surfaces, thats just heading for trouble.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2007, 05:07 PM

I have noticed a lot of discussion about the CG on the latest version of the Cermark F16P. I have a friend that is pretty sharp when it comes to putting models into cad and calculating the CG. I have the latest version of the F16 and he did and cad drawing of it and figured the CG to be about 7 ½ inches from leading edge at root. I tend to start out flying my planes a little on the nose heavy side. The first flights of my F16 had the CG at 6 11/16 inches from leading edge. I don’t believe in using my little fat fingers to pick up the plane when checking CG location. I use a tape on both wing roots with a rule marked off in 1/4 of an inch and a stand I made to get a pretty accurate location of the CG. Something I learned from flying my A7 prop jet, that has a long nose, is to be sure you have plenty of stabalator throw to keep the nose high when the nose heavy plane gets slow. I have the stab. Throw on my F16 set a 1 7/16 inch, considerable more than the instructions suggest. My F16 will keep the nose high at low landing speeds. I intend to move the CG toward the rear a little more and see how it affects its performance. Something you might keep in mind, if you balance your long nosed airplane with an empty thank, then you are going to fly a nose heavy plane when you leave the runway with a full tank of fuel. The farther away from the CG the tank is located, the worse the nose heavy condition. I checked the weight of my F16 with a very accurate scale and it comes in at 4350 grams or 9.59 lbs. It is powered by a Jet 90L and I have it propped a little lite, 11x7. The plane still goes like a bat out of ---- and sounds like a Indy car when it goes by on low, high speed pass. I intend to try a 11x8 next time out.

PS: I want to thank my friend TXKflier for doing the test hop on my F16, I suffer from diabetes and sometimes my vision gives me a little trouble. Thanks to TXKflier, the first flight went off without a hitch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29983.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	793695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55301.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	793696  
Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 PM

My freind and I got curious about just how much the CG location changed with a full tank versus empty tank. Well we took the time to check it out and found that when we filled the tank on my F16P it moved the CG forward 7/8 inch. Have not thought much about the gear being up or down and the CG. I guess we will have to put the plane back on the stand and check it out.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM

Bumped again since more interest has been noted.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Update. CG should be 7.5 for maiden flights.

Hi all,
My F-16P ver.3 has been flying for just over a year now. And after having flown with a CG range of about 7.25 to 7.63 I can say for certain that a CG of 7.5 inches is the place to start.

After getting some flying time you can always adjust the CG for your flying style.

Cheers.
James