Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

New whiplash priced doubled..Hey ACM come on!!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

New whiplash priced doubled..Hey ACM come on!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 10:47 PM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New whiplash priced doubled..Hey ACM come on!!

Rudeboy-

I suspect the production numbers of the Whiplash will be down. But I do understand and agree. Forgeting about F5B, the electric "Hotliner" seems to be in the same class. They sell in the $200-300 range. U can spend more or less. But $300 will buy a top of the line glass hotliner. So, as much as I want a Whiplash, I've gotta say the price seems a bit steep.

But, a Hotliner is NOT sturdy by any means. That's why I wont fly (repair) mine right now.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Roadrunner1390

Wow, I am a Trooper and I would crap if I was dispatched to a flying field to lock some modeler up for using the wrong type of covering on their plane. Nope, only a Skum bag lawyer would take that case to jury ( and probably win) What the hell is this world coming to. Cant we all just get along LOL

The Roadrunner..............
Old 06-24-2003, 08:44 PM
jlong34016
My Feedback: (1)

Default trooper

Well i thought this one had died but it has come back to haunt me. Well Mr. Trooper how about a model that is built using substandard materials and substandard methods and has been modified from the manufactures reccommendations and gets loose and kills someones child. Your dispatched to the field and say "gee what bad luck." (No chuck i am not directing this at you, this is just an example . You are one of the most conscientious modelers out there.) But if i am traveling down a highway in the great state of conneticut in my S420 Benz that goes 157 mph on an interstate highway that had a design speed on 100 mph when it was made in 1968 and just me and you are there and i hurt nobody, I go to jail. Killer walks and tax paying citizen bothering nobody is in jail? And i bet some scumbag prosecuter would throw the book at me.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:21 PM
realdeal
My Feedback: (45)

Default Civil process and intent

The situation you describe with the child and the modeler is exactly why we have civil courts. They provide relief for damages caused by negligence that may not necessarily be illegal. It is possible that a criminal case could be made but since there was no intent to harm and no patently illegal action I think it would be difficult for a police officer to justify an arrest on the spot. You might see the inside of a jail cell after a grand jury looks over the case.

In your second example you have both the intent to speed and you are breaking the black and white letter of the law. An immediate arrest in that case is a no brainer. Considering you have the means to purchase an S420 Benz it is likely that your lawyer and the prosecutor will come to an agreement without you stepping foot in a courtroom again.

To bring this back to modeling. We are individually responsible for insuring our models and flying habits are safe. That is why most clubs require you to follow the AMA safety code. If you fall outside of that safety code you probably don't have much of a defense should something happen.

Keith
Old 06-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Roadrunner1390

Well jlong, I can tell that you are are a democrat !!! As for the model side, I highly doubt that someone is putting a delta together with the INTENT for it to come apart at a croud of nuns babysitting pre-schoolers !!! As for you speeding down the road, How do you know whats around the corner. The same nuns bus full of kids, that threw a tire and is in the middle of the road. And you going 150. Well I think that your heavy german made vehicle will take less distance to stop at 65 than 150. I and most modelers know whats inside our models or holding them together. How about that fuel spill on the corner. That will make a dry roadway like ice on a hot summer day. Do you see where its going, Speed limits are designed to help prevent or minimize the damage in the event that somthing does happen.

If you are flying your model in a safe manner (not buzzing the croud) and she peels like a banana and makes a hole in the turf that makes all the guys say WOW DUDE THAT WAS COOL, you are not acting recklessly..

So again I say, cant we all get along. I have the pleasure (not really) to wake parents of teens up in the middle of the night and tell them that johnny was killed by a drunk driver. So to hear bickering about covering on a DD is kinda petty. Show me the cases where planes have killed or hurt people and I will send you photos of speeding and drunk driving crashes.

So enough !!!! Lets talk about gettin my Rossi to push my whip to 200 + ( and yes I have a radar gun) I bring it to the field and we have fun. Now the person holding the antenna may have a ***** when we are dive bombing him to get a fast reading LOL

Anyone driving thru CT, be safe
Old 06-25-2003, 12:53 PM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

Roadrunner,

First, most sane people know when they are pushing the envelope regarding safety in a model airplane. A good rule is...if more than 4 people with experience tell you you are wrong, take out the mirror....you probably are.

Now for something that really pisses me off... A little off the topic of planes...

The current 55/65 MPH speed limits are REVENUE generators. PERIOD, DOT, END OF STORY. The roads were designed for lesser machines to travel much faster. If a car is alone on a long straight road doing 80 - 90 MPH (Not 150, even I think that is too fast) a trooper should know enough that that person isn't likely to hurt anyone. Especially since most troopers don't even bother enforcing the speed limits during rush hour when everyone is going that fast. A much more dangerous situation don't you think.

I would love to continue this dialog off line. I would like to hear what you really think, from a law enforcement point of view.

Mark M.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

roadrunner
"So enough !!!! Lets talk about gettin my Rossi to push my whip to 200 +"

you have a whiplash "pusher" ????
Old 06-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Roadrunner1390

Its a rossi 53 ducted fan motor its a puller. Just a rear exhaust rear intake. turning 19000 on the bench with a 9x9 prop.

This motor was quite fast on the diamondust. gettin it together on the whip

roadrunner
Old 06-27-2003, 12:09 AM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Default Whipped Lash

Well I'm sure all of you have seen the recent summer sale banner on the whiplash X. After much resourcing and retooling we have found a way to offer the old faithful whiplash with improvements at a price everyone can afford.. and the best part is that we can do it at a profit!! Actually not much but enough to keep the Whiplash in production. We truly felt badly about making this excellent airplane expensive to the point that most modelers wouldnt pay that much for a small plane no matter how much fun it is.

It is better than before, a bit lighter but just as strong, with very easy to actuate elevon hinging... and less expensive by far.

I thank everyone that supported us when we did raise the price, and if any of you purchased a Whiplash Extreme, please call me or e mail me at [email protected] I have something for you...

Get yours while the supplies last but rest assured you will never see a price hike like the one on the Extreme again..

The non summer special price for the Whiplash X will be the old price of $199.95, and we will always include the CF rods from now on.. get yours while supplies last we are pleased to be able to provide such a great airplane at such a reasonable price...