Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

About time Zoomer!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

About time Zoomer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: About time Zoomer!

ORIGINAL: rmenke

VG:

Have spent the past few days with Vidoo Professor in a effort to learn a little more about dealing wtih these GD computers. Frankly, its hard on a very old man, but so is the girlfriend (just kidding) Gonna try and send you a pic of my zoomer (deceased). Funny how people come up with almost the same thing from different walks of life. ENJOY
I know all about the girlfriend thing. Thankfully she is supportive of my airplane thing! She may make things hard sometimes but overall I think she makes things easier for me.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vertical,

Can you get me a better picture or description of your wing press in post #18 of this thread?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 PM
vertical grimmace

This thread may be long since dead but I just wanted to add a little update.
I absolutely love this plane. It is so smooth and tracks extremely well. It is easy to land but I must say dropping in flaperon helps a great deal.
Today was the first time I had flown it around an AMA pylon course and it handeled extremely well. I highly recommend this plane to anyone looking to go fast and smooth.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:44 PM
toro_0397

hi everyone,
i have recntly built a delta muppet (the delta from fance that you can find in google) i have an os 55 ax with a tunned pipe. now it seems slow after a month of flying. i want to build this plane, any suggestions that can be useful, i am not a great builder so i am open to any help.
thanks

santiago

Old 11-10-2009, 06:33 PM
mfuess

We may have to re-vitalize this thread! I ordered & received a Zoomer last week. I will be using "some" of the techniques posted here, but not all. I've been building RC airplanes for about 40 years now. The Zoomer is a very simple aircraft to build. I have already built and set the firewall as well as cutout for the engine. I'm using a modified Evolution 52 in my Zoomer. It's not the best engine in the world but I already have it, and it's laying around collecting dust. Right now it's taching 18,500 RPM on an MAS 10x7 prop. I may be able to squeeze another thousand RPM out of the 52 after the Zoomer is ready to maiden...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
vertical grimmace

Those are some serious numbers for a .52 sport engine. GEt down to a 9" prop and see what you get. Try a 9-8. Great flying plane. I have found my ailerons to be a little slow and the controls in general. It does have a fairly long nose.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Kevin Matney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the dive test. With the engine at low power or off, go to a safe height about 500' push the nose over to 45 degrees. And let it dive and see what happens. If the nose comes up it is nose heavy. If the stay on track is just right for the CG. If it dive more then you need nose weight.