Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 Sundowner 50 and YS 110 need help >

Sundowner 50 and YS 110 need help

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Sundowner 50 and YS 110 need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sundowner 50 and YS 110 need help

You want the Dave Brown 90FS mount. It is a perfect fit for the YS 1.10. I have no idea if it will fit in this aircraft but it has a better chance than any other mount I know of.

I have been using this mount for YS .91s and 1.10s for years. I use #6 hex head sheet metal screws to hold the engine. You can use the screws that come with the mount but they are not hex head, making it more difficult to put them in and remove them.

As still4given mentioned, you can cut away the mount base top so you can get the airbox back to the firewall. If you need to go back farther, you can cut a depression in the firewall for the airbox and carb.

Whatever you do, beef up the firewall as best you can.