Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Al mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Al mounts

Anyone here have any ideas? I posted this on glow engines (or is that "nitro" engines.. ) to no avail. I need good Al mounts.

Hi folks,

Tatone and CB are now under the Mecoa roof and not much is available at the moment.

Are there any current manufacturers of decent aluminum mounts for .40 and .60 size engines of various sorts? One particular need is pattern .60 mounts as they were sometimes called, for OPS and other chunky-cased engines.

Thanks for any help,

MJD
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 AM
lfinney
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Al mounts

i buy the cb mounts off of ebay at a average of 10-11 dollars each, and the DF fan mounts can work too in some cases, you need one for the OPS?? i take them to the mill for some lightening lemme know
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lfinney

i buy the cb mounts off of ebay at a average of 10-11 dollars each, and the DF fan mounts can work too in some cases, you need one for the OPS?? i take them to the mill for some lightening lemme know
I want to find one that is commercially available so I can design the firewall of an aircraft on my drafting screen to fit, you see. Might have to CNC custom mounts, dunno yet. Trying to finish up a speed design that will fit more than just one config.

MJD
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 PM
lfinney
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best off the shelf would be JETT's barstock ones.. unless someone has just arrived on scene with new ones
Old 10-04-2009, 12:47 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

How about taking a trip you your local metal yard and look for I beam that you could slice up?