Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

And ANOTHER Diamond Dust takes to the air.

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

And ANOTHER Diamond Dust takes to the air.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 10:21 PM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And ANOTHER Diamond Dust takes to the air.

I like it... I like it. Only problem was I lost orientation and dove through some branches. Still flew out the tank. But found out I knocked a fin out of place.

On the third flight 1.5 fins gave out and left the plane forever. It seemed a bit twitchy. But still flew OK

I may replace the fins tonight. But I probably won't have a helper on Monday for Launch. Don't know if I'm ready to launch by myself.

Engine is a Webra 52. Prop is a 9*10 APC.

I just wish I could fit a bigger fuel tank.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:28 AM
FlooredCOBRA

I know what your saying about the fuel tank. I am lucky to get 2 1/2 mins a flight.

If I stay off pipe I can actually get about 7 or 8 minutes. On pipe it sucks fuel in a hurry
Old 07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

There must be a way to get more fuel in this sucker. It's way too much fun for a teeny tiny flight.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:35 AM
C roundy

Originally posted by mumblety-peg
There must be a way to get more fuel in this sucker. It's way too much fun for a teeny tiny flight.
If your willing to send Jeff Gilbert your gear to build into the ARF version, I'm pretty sure he adjusted a couple things to accomodate my 8.5 oz. tettra bladder tank. I get a solid four minutes or so of full throttle before my RREEAALLLYY high R.P.M. (24000 on the ground with APC 7.2x8.6) Jett .50 quits. And it gets perfect fuel delivery right til' the instant that it cuts off which lets me run it full throttle from launch to bone dry and still get 10 flights plus per nelson type plug. For anyone thats building their airplane from the kit, obviously if you give your engines fuel draw rate some thought before you squirt any C/A glue, you can excersize even more choice... Mumblety-peg, if you don't have any big hobbyshops near you that give you a chance to eyeball the full range of tank shapes that are available on the market, or if your just not sure how to proceed, let me know and I'll try to help.
Chuck Roundy
Old 07-15-2003, 11:49 AM
jpa2002
My Feedback: (115)

I would like Jeff's contact information if you don't mind, as I think he may have been the one that built the one that I have. I also get great flight time with my bladder tank and my TT36, and I keep it on the pipe the whole time.

Jon
Old 07-15-2003, 09:31 PM
FlooredCOBRA

You can always use a hopper tank too. I used a Sullivan flex tanks and squeezed it down to fit in the fuse. I can still a 2 oz next to it or behind the front spar.

It all depends on how you mount your servos and how much room they take. I mounted mine in the ribs and that left plenty of room inside.

I guess I should mount another tank or try one of those bladder tanks instead of talking about it.

Then again 2 1/2 minutes is about right . I need time to chain smoke afterward
Old 07-17-2003, 05:57 AM
C roundy

Originally posted by jpa2002
I would like Jeff's contact information if you don't mind, as I think he may have been the one that built the one that I have. I also get great flight time with my bladder tank and my TT36, and I keep it on the pipe the whole time.

Jon
JPA2002, here ya go,

DIAMOND DUST RC
10251 NE 110th St
Archer, FL 32618
(352) 486-2159
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: diamonddustrc.com

Best Regards, Chuck Roundy