RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Balsa USA enforcer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/1663087-balsa-usa-enforcer.html)

Ayrtonsenna 05-16-2007 03:14 AM

RE: Balsa USA enforcer

Speaking of......Any chance of an update there "nexxa"

nexxa 05-16-2007 06:27 AM

Yep, I'm still there watching this post. The Enforcer still the same for the moment... working on other project for the moment. But this weekend I will finish up all the airframe, gear stuff, retract.... I will post updated pictures. Came back on sunday!

marwen1 05-16-2007 03:38 PM

OH Yea! .91 is a NICE endine

Back in the late 80's, I had a ROSSI .91 with a set od tuned pipes on an AVRO ARROW CF105.
It had a Byron PUSHER PROP kit.

I think I had Robard retracs back then

In fact, that model was so big, 54" WS 24" high azt the tail from the ground, and around 74" long

I bashed the kit a little and made a set of clam shell AIRBRAKES that when deployed, threw a 48" CROSS parachute out the aft end to help with the air brakes.

That was my very first attermp at foam wings

If I'm not mistaken, I think my son has a photo of it.

I'll try to find it

later

marwen1

mobileraptor 05-16-2007 05:42 PM

I waiting to see someone do an electric conversion on one of these[>:]

Strykaas 05-16-2007 05:52 PM

I waiting to see someone do an electric conversion on one of these
What would be the point ? The setup would be too expensive anyway... Maybe 50% of a turbine price, with the battery charging hassle...

Ayrtonsenna 05-24-2007 04:33 AM

So we talking this Sunday....or
I'd love to see some more pics/info "nexxa" only when you have a chance!

Cheers
Ants

nexxa 05-27-2007 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ayrtonsenna,

Two weeks later... :)
Here my Enforcer, still in progress.... all the sanding part is done now, finally.
Still a lot to do... I will post progress pictures later this month!
I'm working on an other project for the moment. A scratch build own design Plane (Speedy V). A little bit smaller than the Enforcer! 32" wing, .46 FX with a Pylon tune muffler an APC 9X8 prop or 8X9.5. Will be 3.5 pound.
I'm starting the covering process today, will be ready for next weekend, for the better or the worst!

FLIGHTJOCKEY 06-04-2007 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok lets try this look at this super modified enforcer

FLIGHTJOCKEY 06-04-2007 11:20 AM

sorry for the bad intro

this super enforcer was totally mddofied I didnto use anythis from the kit, the reas has been streatched 6 " and canted where the rear is not square, (Ill send better photos tomaorrow of the rear), the nose was also streatched 6" and made sorta square, as you can see i extended the root as well , I used a canopy off a king cobra to make it look more like a jet, it has a os .91 de engintg with a byron pusher fan,. its a easy 160 mph plane, i completly sheeted the plane due to the speed. and is also equipted with spring air retracts

ANYONE OUT THER WANT ONE, ILL BE GLAD TO BUILD IT,I HAVE MANY OTHER PLANES I HAVE SCRATCH BUILT SEE MY F117 BELOW

FLIGHTJOCKEY 06-04-2007 11:36 AM

DUANE VANDERMOULEN IN PALM DESERT CALIFORNIA BUILT A SIMULAR ENFORCER HE LIVED IN CANADA AT THE TIME, HE BUILD THE FIRST ONE, SINCE SOLD IT. BUT HE HAS ANOTHER ONE WHICH IS ON OUR RC CLUB WEB SITE GO TO WWW.COACHELLARC.COM YOU CAN SEE THE PLANE ON THE FRONT PAGE

FLIGHTJOCKEY 06-04-2007 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
SEE ATTACHED FOR MORE OF MY SCRATCH BUILDS

joeflyer 06-04-2007 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Flightjockey,
Your Enforcer looks good. They're great planes and I'm sure you will thouroughly enjoy it. 140 mph is a more realistic top speed. You should move your CG forward at least 1/2" from the plan location to compensate for extending the nose.

Guess we like the same planes. In addition to the two highly modified Enforcers pictured in post #346 I also scratch built a F-117A. I built it in 1998 and just flew it again yesterday.

Joe

FLIGHTJOCKEY 06-08-2007 10:51 AM

Hi there joeflyer, I did the test flight wendesday, my enforer waws clocked at 152 that was after doing a loop ans on the dow end, 148 on the straight flight. woW GOTA GET USED TO SOMETHING THAT FAST, as for the cg I actually moved it forward 1 full inch, it flys great when I slow it down to almost a stall the tail drops, but that is ok because most delta wings do that

did you build your stalth form parker lung plans. I also have one like yours but from plans I have ans hand kits lazer cut sold alot of them, I have about 8 kits left my other stealth is made from 1" blue foam, it flys gerat and about 118 mph has a 91 os on it,

joeflyer 06-08-2007 08:15 PM

Congrats on your maiden flight. I have 120 flights on my DF and 154 on my Turbine Enforcer they both fly great. I like the turbine better for lot of reasons. Besides the extra power digital servos give it very precise control.

I built my F-117A from Parker Leung plans, however I made several modifications. The obvious ones were blowing up the plans to 48" ws and putting an OS61 in it. It flies very well.

Joe

fullmoon_sg 06-09-2007 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Last year, I bought one of the China made ARF called "Dolphin". On comparison with the Balsa USA, it is almost the same, except that this one has canard in front. It was powered by OS 61 FX with 11 X 8 pusher prop and flew great. It provides me with many hours of great flying until my radio glitches due to interference and crashed. Here are some of the photo.

fullmoon_sg 06-09-2007 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Due to my passion for this plane, I have ordered an Enforcer kit with Byrojet fan and OS 91VR-DF engine. In addition, I have also ordered the conversion plan from flying models. Attached are my built to-date.

While looking at plan, I have one question which I hope someone can assist me. The question is, "With the tune pipe laying on top of the fuselage, how do you keep the heat from damaging the fuselage itself. Btw, my plane will be as per the conversion plan. i.e no other modification. Thanks.

Crazy4Flight 06-09-2007 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: fullmoon_sg

Hi guys,

Last year, I bought one of the China made ARF called "Dolphin". On comparison with the Balsa USA, it is almost the same, except that this one has canard in front. It was powered by OS 61 FX with 11 X 8 pusher prop and flew great. It provides me with many hours of great flying until my radio glitches due to interference and crashed. Here are some of the photo.

were the canards on your Dolfin functional ? or were they in a fixed position?

fullmoon_sg 06-10-2007 08:34 AM

The canards is functional. However, the manual does not state anything on the canards and also I'm not familiar with it then, therefore I had disabled it. Given a though now, should have activated it and try it out.

Crazy4Flight 06-10-2007 09:33 AM

thats the problem with most no-brand chineeze arfs...lack of documentation.

If you get a second one, I would use the canards.

I fly Futaba 9C transmitter. for tail and error set up on the mix amount or canard movement I would use 3 P-mix on a 3-position switch.

P-mix 1 switch pos low canard throw +/- 5 degress for full elevator travel
P-mix 2 switch pos center canard throw +/- 10 degress for full elevator travel
P-mix 3 switch pos high canard throw +/- 15 degress for full elevator travel

fullmoon_sg 06-10-2007 09:57 AM

Thanks for the info. Will take note on my next plane with canards. Btw, it did fly well even without using the canards. By installed on the fuselage looks damned great. Here is the link of the plane. Enjoy.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=75787

Crazy4Flight 06-10-2007 05:33 PM

After reading several posts in the Jet section I added canards to my Composite ARF Kangaroo! They made a huge difference on flying ( turns) and landing- slower speeds and no "hop".

fullmoon_sg 06-10-2007 06:00 PM

Currently, I'm building my Enforcer Ducted fan conversion and would probably like to install a canard. Understanding that canard works different from elevator right? i.e for pitch up or climbing, the canard is pointing down (reverse of elevator)? Is it true ?

Crazy4Flight 06-10-2007 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: fullmoon_sg

Currently, I'm building my Enforcer Ducted fan conversion and would probably like to install a canard. Understanding that canard works different from elevator right? i.e for pitch up or climbing, the canard is pointing down (reverse of elevator)? Is it true ?

the trailing edge TE goes down & LE goes up when up elevator command sent.

note that the direction elevator movement on the canrad of a Long-EZ is reversed compared a conventional airplane or delta wing. The same applies to the canard added to a delta wing.

1st pic shows canards on my roo
2nd pic shows where the shaft is in the canard, the canard shaft is about 30% of MAC

fullmoon_sg 06-12-2007 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.

Btw, I have a question on whether do I need to use a perry pump for my fuel tank set-up. I don't know my current tank set-up will cause any deprive in fuel to the engine or easily starving the engine. Please advise. Cheers.

joeflyer 06-12-2007 08:44 PM

Do not use a pump. They don't work very well with DF engines. Your plumbing is correct but I recommend putting the 24 oz. tank as close to F8 as you can and put the header tank in front of it. 24 oz. of fuel is a lot of weight and ideally you want it centered right on the CG, or as close to it as you can get.

Make sure that you use large diameter fuel line and upsize the brass tubing in the tanks to 5/32". Keep the lines as short as you can with no sharp bends. Also if you have a remote needle valve mount it close to the carb. That's how mine is done and it has worked fine for 120 flights so far.

Joe