Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Walkera spektrum flybarless system upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Walkera spektrum flybarless system upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 01:32 PM
Wrench36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera spektrum flybarless system upgrade

Hey all, first time posting.
So I've got a walkera V400D02 that I'm upgrading with a Spektrum FC6250HX flybarless system.

I've got quite a bit of sit set up, but I'm having problems with the swashplate setup. The manual for the flight controller refers to channels 2, 3, and 4 as servo A, B, and C, but doesn't say which is which. I played around with the connections and swashplate type settings until the swashplate started looking like it was behaving properly, moves straight up and down with collective, and tilts forward and back, left and right with cyclic input.
When I got to the power-on controls check, in normal mode with the helo light on the skids, it seems to roll left with cyclic forward and right with cyclic aft, and pitch forward with cyclic left and aft with cyclic right, like the swashplate settings are off by 45°.

I have tried with autolevelling off to be sure that isn't the problem, but it does the same thing. I also went over the blades with a pitch gage, and verified that they're level with collective pitch at 0%.
I've also set the blades paralel to the tail boom and moved the cyclic left/right and got no movement, then forward/aft and the pitch does change. Checked cyclic left/right with the blades perpendicular and it checks out.
I understand that the blades respond to cyclic pitch 90° out of phase because they have gyroscope procession, so that should be right. I confirmed that another helo I have that flies great (brand new OMP M1) works the same way.

I also went to a local hobby shop and they said it looks right.

Any help appreciated.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:35 PM
Wrench36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't upload any pictures, the forum says I can't post links until I have at least 10 posts.
I don't want to spam the forums just to hit that number, so hopefully we can manage without for now.