Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

More Electric RC Newbie Questions..

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

More Electric RC Newbie Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
SteveR3750
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Electric RC Newbie Questions..

Okay... I have made up my mind and I am definitely going to venture into the World of Electric RC Warbirds by purchasing one ( maybe two.... maybe three ) of the "Airfield" 1400 MM Warbirds. I dont know anything about Electric Powered so I am feeling overwhelmed when trying to decide what version to buy... RTF, ARF, or KIT with no electronics.

I would really like to use my Futaba FASST 2.4 Radio that I already have for my Helimaxe Axe 400, so I dont really need the RTF Plane with another Transmitter...

If I buy the ARF, I would just need to buy a Reciever for my Futaba 6EX and Battery... Correct? I guess I am wondering if the rest of the Electronics that come with this Aircraft are suitable?

Would I be better of buying the KIT version and upgrading the ESC, and Servos as well?

What exactly does the ESC do? What makes one better than another? Is the higher AMP better?

What size Batteries are the rest of you all using for these planes and getting good flight times and Power output?

Would a 2250MAH at 30c be a good choice for this plane.. I would like to get at least 10 minutes of flightime out of a Battery Pack...

Last, A Good Balance Charger for at least a 4S Lipo.... All I know is that I would like to charge more than one at time, Would like to Charge from my Vehicle Battery, and dont want it to take over an hour to Fully Charge... Is this even possible...or am I asking way too much... LOL

I guess what I am asking for from others who have these planes, is to help get me set up right the first time.. I dont want to buy stuff, too realize afterwards that its just the minimum in order to be able to fly, and I need to upgrade everything... I just want to do it right the first time, so that when I add additional planes, I will either already have, or know exactly what I need..

Sorry to be so long winded.. Any help related to these specfic Electric Warbirds would be greatly appreciated.. .
Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
plane-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More Electric RC Newbie Questions..

It has been 2 weeks ago since you posted this, are you still looking for help? I hope you are not disappointed by the lack of response here

If you know what plane you want, I will help you to find motors, esc, etc...