Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Banana Hobbies Bipes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banana Hobbies Bipes??

Have bought several Nitro planes and been pleased with them but now I see 3 neat bipes at Banana,Stagger wing beech ,Steerman,and an equally neat looking Heinkle!Any one with any experience with these planes not familiar with the mfg as they all look good???Know Bananas rep but for them might be worth the risk!!Thanks for any info!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:09 PM
metalguy

Default RE: Banana Hobbies Bipes??

Not sure. I have two FMS planes, both Stukas, and I love 'em. There is a long thread about the heinkle(sp?) on  R/C groups though. I too have been contemplating that plane. I only have one Biplane, and it is a Fokker DVII from electrifly. Nice flying, and fun plane. As for FMS/Airfield's quality, it is right up there. I have no complaints about the quality. There are typical things to look at, such as hinges, and control clevises, but I think everyone has their faves about what to use there. Good luck with your purchase.Metalguy
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 AM
wattman

Default RE: Banana Hobbies Bipes??

Three of us ordered the FMS PT-17 Stearmans , all three arrived quickly from BH , and they all 3 fly FANTASTICLY , so good in fact , I ordered another one just to have as backup . They are great flying planes right out of the box , and one of us has proven just how tuff they are and how repairable they are , to keep on flying .
Out of the box they have LOADS of power , no upgrade needed .
My FMS Stearman is my "always" take along to the airfield plane .

My two flying buddies mixing it up with their Stearmans

http://youtu.be/7K7VF9TvCF4
Old 07-17-2015, 10:36 PM
freeonthree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought one from Diamond Hobby in Florida, and have it about 1/2 way to test flight. The only issue I found so far is that my cabane struts were marked incorrectly, wheras left is right and visa versa. The scale detail is amazing and I can't wait to get it in the air.
I flew nitro for many years, then went to larger gasoline planes, but I have a messed up back, and they got to be a real pain to get in and out of the house, so I went to all smaller electric planes. The only balsa/monocoat plane I have is an old Carl Goldberg Pitts, and it's electric too. I think im only going to buy scale, foam, PNP planes from now on. They look amazing, take very little work to assemble, and they fly fantastic. I have 8 planes now, and 7 of them are foam. I love em all ! Dennis
Old 07-17-2015, 10:46 PM
freeonthree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just watched the video. They were throwing them around pretty good up there. Good run time too. Still goin strong at 7 minutes, very cool. Dennis