Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Please help with repairing a foamie!

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Please help with repairing a foamie!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 07:03 AM
rva1945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with repairing a foamie!

Hi Guys

Yesterday a friend of mine stalled his Big Foot at take off and crashed head on. Pictures attached.

How to repair it? I rebuilt my scratch built planes after crashes but his plane is a kit and I don't think it can be accurately rebuilt. I guess the nose can be fixed. I've heard about using hot water but never tried it.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2023, 07:38 AM
shortround91

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Some help maybe

I’ve also heard of hot water working I’d think you would need to break it down to the main body remove the nose and I’d think hot water submerge it or try the nose itself first to see if it comes back to shape. Be interested to know how it goes, I’m just getting back into RC and have Ranger 1220 no clubs close to me so I’m learning everything on my own. Wish you luck hope to hear how this goes too, I do know they sell the parts separately if the water doesn’t go well. I think for mine the main is like $60 and the nose is around $15
Old 12-29-2023, 10:04 AM
RCoffroadracer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my Apprentice sat under my bench for a few months I was going to scrap it and I got it out and it practically grew back to shape. no lie. it's like 98% back to it's original shape. I smashed it into the ground nose first like yours. except far worse. I broke the motor mount, firewall, motor shaft. I was literally able to just buy 6 parts to get it flying again. you can see it still has a few wrinkles in the stickers but the plane is straight and everything bolted up nice and straight. some spots that the foam tore I used Foam Tac glue.
I'd say just give it a few weeks and it will probably come back like mine did.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:15 AM
RCoffroadracer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The following users liked this post:
shortround91 (12-29-2023)