Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

30" Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 06:19 PM
rightflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30" Ultimate

I am building a Foamyfactory 30" Ultimate out of blue foam. My thought is use the blue stuff for a prototype then build one from depron later. The plans call for the rudder and elevator servos be in the tail. Would blue foam construction necessitate a move forward for cg?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:26 PM
jmctague

Default RE: 30" Ultimate

I've built both the 24" and the 30" bipes. and to tell the truth you will have to move your servos under the canopy section and your batteries in front of the wings to get it right. it depends on the weight of your tail. build it lite. I use depron on both of these. and all other foamies i have. I use 3/16" wood dowels in the fuse and wing.
the 24" came out at 8 1/2 and the 30" came out at 13 ozs. you do know that pedron
has more strength with the ripples? so cut with the ripples not thru them. you can add to the strength by using plastic tape. by pulling pressure across the wing and turning it over and do the same thing on the other side. make sure you don't put a bow in it.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:51 PM
crashingagain

Default RE: 30" Ultimate

I built a 30 in ub and was able to put the servos halfway between the tail and canopy area, I could have went farther back had I mounted the rx closer to the front but did not for fear of glitches caused by motor