Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

GWS Spitfire Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:51 PM
BCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Spitfire Question

I just received my GWS Spitfire today, slope version. I will be fiberglassing this plane and putting a Himax 2015/5400 in it. I just did a dry fit with the motor to see what I material I need to remove and it looks like there is no off set in the mount,shouldn't there should be 2 or 3 degrees down and to the right???? Can you guys that have started with the slope version help me out???
Thanks,
Old 06-23-2004, 03:50 PM
nose-n

Default RE: GWS Spitfire Question

hello?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BCB,

I didn't start with the slope version, but I might as well have, because the stock motor went straight into my uber-moth. I am using an axi 2212/26 in my spitfire, and I just squared everything up with the existing stick channel/slot(I guess that's what you'd call it). I've only gotten one flight on it so far, but it shows no tendency to torque to the left or nose up on full throttle, so I'd guess these factors were considered in the design. Sorry if I'm responding too late and you've already got it built--just noticed this post today.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
BCB

ORIGINAL: Matt Smith

BCB,

I didn't start with the slope version, but I might as well have, because the stock motor went straight into my uber-moth. I am using an axi 2212/26 in my spitfire, and I just squared everything up with the existing stick channel/slot(I guess that's what you'd call it). I've only gotten one flight on it so far, but it shows no tendency to torque to the left or nose up on full throttle, so I'd guess these factors were considered in the design. Sorry if I'm responding too late and you've already got it built--just noticed this post today.
Hay Matt,

I e-mailed Mr. Lin from GWS and he told me to add 2 degrees to the right and 3 to 5 down. I think the slope version is diffident than the others. I'm still working on mine all most done with the fiber glassing. Does yours look like it has down and right thrust???
Old 06-25-2004, 01:38 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it does have down and right thrust, it's not immediately obvious--I'll check again when I get home, though.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
chem

Can anyone please tell me the difference between the GWS spitfire and the slope version of the same model?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Spid

GWS planes can either come painted or white and include motor. Slope versions are not painted and do not come with any motor. The Slope version is a nice way to go if you know you will be using a brushless motor (why pay for the brushed motor in the kit if you have no intensions on using it).