Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

HITEC SERVOS HS-50 and HS-55"" problem""

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

HITEC SERVOS HS-50 and HS-55"" problem""

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HITEC SERVOS HS-50 and HS-55"" problem""

I have SEVERAL of these servos and they ALL share the same problem.......I am NOT ABLE to remove the output arms because the screws just don't budge. In addition, I have not found any Phillips screwdriver that can remove these screws. The same problem is experienced with the screws used to secure the servo to the support. The head slots strip with the slightest pressure also, so I have about 5 or 6 servos that have to be used using very hard "maeuvering" ( if you know what I mean)
AM I ALONE in this, or is this a common occurrence.?
the HITEC personnel offered no solution, other than offering to accept the servos in return for them trying to fix it.

WHERE does one get the appropriate screwdrivers for these micro sizes ?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:58 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: HITEC SERVOS HS-50 and HS-55"" problem""

Ive got 4 of the hs-55's and havent had any problems, Ive changed the hors on all of them and have even had to replace a screw that fell out.

If youre still looking for a screwdriver ask at your local hobby shop, im shure they will have some precision screwdrivers (thats what they are called) if not target sells a nice set of them for about 5 bucks.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:57 AM
U2Steve

One cheap'n'nasty solution to the screwdriver problem is the humble $3 eyeglass repair kit from Wal-Mart. Tiny driver for tiny screws. Heck, you could even use the screws in the kit on the smaller servos.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Emmitt

The eyeglass kit from Wal-Mart is also what I use and it's perfect for these screws, and you get some glass cleaner to go with it.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

I have a dozen or so of these servos and yes, I've stripped out several of the screw heads too. I have found that, believe it or not, a small FLAT TIP screwdriver actually worked much better.