Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Scram-blur flying wing, awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
beldraak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scram-blur flying wing, awesome!

I just picked up the Scram-Blur flying wing from www.sylvanaircraft.com . I've been flyng 3D foamies exclusively for a while and when I saw this wing at the Weak Signal show in Toledo a couple of weeks ago, I thought what the heck, if it flies at all it will be worth the $32 I paid for it.
I wasn't sure that it would though, so was I ever surprised when I got this thing in the air. The owner of the company said that this plane had been clocked at 60 mph with the stock setup, so that's what I went with.
I have to say that I was impressed, this is my first experience with flying wings so I had a little difficulty at first getting it in the air, I'm stuck in the mindset that planes are fragile and should be handled gently, this plane needs to be thrown hard.. and flown hard! I've probably crashed mine over 50 times in the last 2 weeks and I've only had to replace 1 prop and 2 control horns. I had to replace the prop after a high speed high impact touch and go, the plane still managed to make it around the field with half a prop! All in all the most worthwhile $32 I've spent in a long time. I have no idea how it compairs to the zagi or other wings, but I can't imagine them being more fun or durable than this.