Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:16 AM
heliguy02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setup

Hello,
I am new to foamies and I need some help with settting up the electronics. I have a JETI electronic speed controller and a speed machine max four 8.4 volt direct drive motor. The speed controller does not have a battery eliminator. How can I set this up so I don't have to run two batteries? Will 8.4 volts or 9 battery fry the receiver and servos if I just hook them to the same battery I use to run the motor?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
U2Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: setup

Get a new speed control. Must be pretty old, anyway, right? I haven't seen a speed control without a BEC in quite a while, unless it was for huge battery packs and high voltages.

Receivers are designed to run off 4.8-5 volts. Running straight from the pack will kill it eventually, to say nothing of the servos- their power comes from the receiver.

What motor are you running? What size battery pack?