Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Glue for foam plane question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:39 AM
spence73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glue for foam plane question.

I just got my Edge 540 profile plane from hobbylobby.com. One of the glues was back ordered. It was the UHU glue. I was told I could use epoxy in its place or CA. I found and picked up this glue the other day that is called Glue All made by LEEHO. It states it works on foam and it dries fast and strong. It is white in color and basicly looks just like elmers white glue. I got it in the sewing and craft section of an ALCO store. Has any of you guys seen or used this glue on a foamy plane? It would mostly be used for glueing the carbon fiber rods to the foam where it calls for the UHU.
Any thoughts on this would be great!

Thanks!

Rich
Old 05-24-2005, 01:07 AM
spence73

Default RE: Glue for foam plane question.

I found some Liquid Nails Perfect Glue #1 that work very well. I was impressed as to how much stiffer the CF made the main wing.

Rich
Old 05-24-2005, 02:05 AM
brido

I go with liquid nails, the only proviso is that it is a bit heavy if you are trying to build a light plane. Failing that then I use epoxy. The 5 minute will do if you can position it without difficulty.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 AM
geigerr
My Feedback: (2)

The Liquid Nails Small Projects Clear is available at Wal-Mart and Home Depot and is EXCELLENT for all types of foam repairs and building. It holds GREAT, especally if you let it set overnight and it has a fast set time so you don't have to hold the items that you are gluing long.
C-YA RL
Old 06-02-2005, 02:51 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Try some hot glue.......a half inch long bead about every couple of inches works great. Then simply tape over the tube with packing tape.