Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

The glue that binds us!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The glue that binds us!

Guys.

Getting ready to build an ultrafly F-16 ARF here and I got a teeny prob which I just know that you guys can clear right up.

This thing comes with one teeny maybe 2oz tube of some really thick foam glue.. I'm guessing that is what it is cus thats all that came with the kit
and according to the manual thats what I should have.

Looking at the manual It's supposed to be used every where.. and I Mean every where! Way I see it.. there is no way that that little bit of glue would be enough for the whole plane
but besides that.. when it comes to the hinges for Aeilerons there is no way I see that glue seeping into a tiny cracy in the wings.

so anyways.. over here I have some thinch medium and thing foam safe CA and I wondered if I could use this to build the plane instead.

I did have to use some of the glue which came with the plane but I noticed that it dries kinda like rubber or silicone?? something like that. And I'm just not so sure
that this thing is strong enough for wings etc.

The other thing is the kit mentions using CA to hold down a metal part onto plastic.. I know they cant mean Foam Save CA and since I dont have regular CA just epoxy
I was wondering if I could substitute Krazy or super glue for that CA

what do you guys thinkg
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: The glue that binds us!

I have built one of the Ultrafly Ultimate Bipe's and the glue was the same that you have. I did not use that glue however.
I would use epoxy instead of CA though. CA gets hard and brittle and will snap under pressure, so it would not be ideal for the wings.
On 5-10 ounce foamies I use ca, but anything that has fast speeds and more mass, I use epoxy.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: The glue that binds us!

Sweet i have epoxy Nice thanks man....

i guess ill use crazy glue on the metal to plast part? what do you think? or should i epoxy that aswell?