Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

WingWarrior E-Zipper or Zagi Razor?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

WingWarrior E-Zipper or Zagi Razor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 05:20 PM
totfixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WingWarrior E-Zipper or Zagi Razor?

I want to get a smaller faster wing. I'd like to get some input
from someone who has flown either of these wings. I've got
a raincheck to get the E-Zipper for $49.95 and the Razor just
went on sale for $99.95. The E-Zipper is just the plane and
the Razor has motor, battery and speed control. I'd like to
get some opinions on what's the better deal.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Lift
My Feedback: (1)

Totfixer,
I am no e-flight gury by any means. Actually, I fly helis full time but this past weekend I bought a Zagi Razor for my 6yr old. He is flying around on the sim inverted and I figure what the heck.

I went to the LHS to get a 400-X because of how tuff these foam wings are but all they had were "Razors". I had on idea that the Razor is the "hot" heli in the fleet. Oh well, I built and its ours now. The little one will just have to get used to it.

Anyhow, I can say that the Razor is a fast flying model. Our's came out heavy due to painting the elevons, wingtip plates, and the radio trays. That and some tricked out Monokote trim sheet striping. Also, ours came out tail heavy. So, if you get one you might want to avoid doing what we did with the paint and all.

I test flew it yesterday and can say that it was rather "twitchy". I think it is mostly due to the poor CG. It took ALOT of down elevator to keep it from going verticle!

But, I sent an e-mail to the Zagi folks on how to get the CG back inline. I am sure that once it's dialed in the thing will really cook! I was still able to rip off some nice inverted low-level figure-8s.

Way cool plane!! And that's coming from a "rotor head" dude! :stupid:
Old 05-23-2003, 02:43 AM
tnsundayflyr
My Feedback: (2)

Hey I have a e-zipper by wing warriors this is one fast plane, mine has a 27 turn cobalt 400 and 1900mh 7.2v, Make sure balance is correct, low speed flight with no power is unstable keep airspeed up!! I love this plane and is not for beginners for sure. Speed, gotta get you some!!