Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Stiffen Wing of Edge 540T

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stiffen Wing of Edge 540T

I recently purchase a Park Flyers Edge 540T and have read of the wing folding in half during some maneuvers. My question is what do you guys think would be the best way to stiffen the wing? I was thinking of using a thin carbon fiber rod [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDP0&P=0]Carbon Rod[/link]. Also when using packing tape to stiffen the front of the wing do you use the packing tape with the fibers in it or the tape that is just clear?
Sorry, for all the questions but I am new to electrics and foam aircraft.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Stiffen Wing of Edge 540T

ORIGINAL: Claya2

I recently purchase a Park Flyers Edge 540T and have read of the wing folding in half during some maneuvers. My question is what do you guys think would be the best way to stiffen the wing? I was thinking of using a thin carbon fiber rod [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDP0&P=0]Carbon Rod[/link]. Also when using packing tape to stiffen the front of the wing do you use the packing tape with the fibers in it or the tape that is just clear?
Sorry, for all the questions but I am new to electrics and foam aircraft.
I would use a carbon rod and tape as mentioned, the rod ads stiffness AND crash protection if aded to the front of the wing, why not have one on the 'leading edge' and another on the 'trailing edge' so you have superiour flex fighting powers[8D]
Old 12-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Stiffen Wing of Edge 540T

I just put a .125 rod down the middle of the wing and taped the leading edge.