Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Enticement by E-flite

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:30 AM
KyJoe340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enticement by E-flite

Anybody try one? I've got mine about ready to go with the stock recommended setup. Just wondering if anybody has flown one, the video looks good. If not I'll write something here in a few days when I get it in the air. I can say it's going together easy and the instructions are very clear. About two evenings so far, one more evening should finish it.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
j.m.

Default RE: Enticement by E-flite

looks like a great slow 3d flyer. Should be lots of fun. A low rpm high pitch slowflyer prop would do wonders on this airplane.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
KyJoe340

Got it in the air today. There was a light breeze outside but it flew great, very slow even without the air brakes. Extremely easy to hover. Looks like it's going to be alot of fun. I'll time my next flight but it roughly flew over 10 minutes on the 480mah Thunder Power lipo, and I as doing alot of hovering.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
j.m.

.48ah or 4.8ah?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:03 AM
KyJoe340

480mah, 7.4volt 2 cell lipo. Got in 2 flights today 9 min to 12 min depending on how much 3D and hovering. It's amazing how slow this thing will drift in and land. Again, I'm not using the air brakes. I've done about every 3D move I know including a blender that didn't tear it up.

!Signature your in it put, this read to time the took you If
What does this exactly mean?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 AM
j.m.

Really! You get that long of a run time on a 480mah pack! Sweet.

(read my sig backwards.)
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
KyJoe340

I think the plane only weighs 5.5 oz, so the flight time is good even with a 480mah battery. The plane is so controlabe I feel confident doing hovers, harriers and knife edge right on the deck. Not brave enough with my larger planes yet.

Cool sig.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
dystracted

im building one right now.im going with aprox the same setup. 430 2cell, park 250, blue arrow 4.3 servos,a castle thunderbird 9,and a fmf sub micro rx. ill be compairing this to the morback and lipiton plans.fuse seems big,thats why it seems very slightly underpowered in videos that ive seen.there has to be 425 in carbon rods alone in the kit, so thats about half the cost right there.dont get me wrong, $55 is a great price.youd spend $40 trying to scratch build a plane like this.the best ,and prob. the only, f3p kit on the shelf at most any local hobby shop. the only prob. i see so far is im going to rip the speed brakes off alot here in the 'windy city',chicago.i might move the side force gens or add two more to protect the speed brakes.looks great,other than the huge heavy fuz and the speed brakes.nobodys perfect, but this is as close as well ever see from eflight!great plane, i give it a 8 so far.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
KyJoe340

I think it seems under powered in the video because of the speed brakes. Without the brakes it is a little quicker and climbs great. I'm also using the Thunderbird 9 with Castle-link programmer.