Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Razor

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 12:53 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Razor

I just finished my Razor and test flew it the other day.. Or maybe I should say I thru it in the air and repeatedly crashed it.... It's got a speed 400 motor and a 10 amp esc with a 8 cell NiMh pack... I used coroplast wing tips that were cut off at the leading edge of the elevon....

I could not keep this thing in the sky... I just tip stalled and wouldn't turn for beans.... The good news is that after all the crashes... it's still fine... This thing is indestructable...

Any Tips? Should I use the stock ply wing tips that came with it? I've got the CG at 7" from leading edge like the book says.

The thing just flys like crap.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:32 AM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Default Razor

I've had an FMA Razor for almost two years. Launched properly, it flies great. I have the elevons set up with 35%EXPO which helps a lot. I use a 7cell 600 pack, an 8cell 600 pack and an 8cell 800 pack. I just started flying it with the 800 pack and it is different as it is a bit nose heavy. I like the way it flies, though. What prop are you using? If it's one of those push-on props, make sure it has been turned around for pusher configuration. I'm using an FMA adapter with an APC 5.5x4.5E prop. I initially flew it with an APC 6x3. I prefer the 5.5E prop. It will almost fall out of the sky if you do heavy pylon-type turns. I had a couple of falling leafs this way.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:18 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Razor

What kind of wing tip plates do you have?
Old 05-10-2003, 02:57 AM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Default Razor

I'm using the plywood plates that came with the kit. I epoxied them on and covered them with bright red Solarfilm. The foam is dark blue and the red stands out. It does nice rolls and loops of any size you want.