Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

ESC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC?

i have a BL 1750kv motor, 5x 9-gram servos, and a 11.1v 1800mah lipo what size esc do i need to run all the electronics.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: ESC?

Well depends on what prop size you plan on running to determine the amp rating of the esc you'll need.

Also the "C" rating on your pack needs to be known also to be sure it can handle the motor/props demand.

Lastly, most of the smaller esc's max out at 4 micro servos, so more then likely you're going to need a stand alone bec. It will handle the load of the 5 servos easily, and can be wired right to your esc's battery lead.

You will have to disconnect the center(normally red) wire on the esc's lead going to the receiver.

From your discription it almost sounds like you have a Tower Pro motor or one of the clones.

On 3 cell lipo, an 8x6 prop will pull approx 23 amps. So you would need a minimum 25 amp esc, and your pack would need to be at least a 15 "C" rated pack to work.

All that said, you'll also need to know the max amps the motor can handle, so you don't exceed that.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM

i,m running an 8x6 3 blade prop

what about this? http://www.hobby-estore.com/w03-r25a-esc.html
Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, tell us exactly what motor it is, the manufacturer, and the brand. Also, it can be helpful to provide a link to the motor in question.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:53 PM

the motor is a BL KMS 31/21 1750kv motor http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/108025.asp