Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Can not load attachments

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Can not load attachments

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Can not load attachments

As of this date, 11 April 2013, I can not open any attached pictures on posts which have them. I see the notice, click to enlarge......;but, when I click on the attachment nothing happens, just a continuous attempt to load something.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 AM
carlosam

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Can not load attachments

+1
look: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11473797/tm.htm
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same problem as carlosam, no picture.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I tried to upload a picture, but it appears to still be broken. I'll pass it on to the programmers

Ken
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel sorry for the programmers, it's like they're playing "Whack a Mole" with all the problems that keep popping up here.

Smack one down on the game and he pops up somewhere else.
Here is seems, whack one and 10 pop up somewhere else.

Ditto the Mods, who have to put on a face and give us the same old story that the IT guys are working on it, again and again.

And yeah the posters are frustrated too, not like the old days, many have left.

The "We're working on it" story is getting old.

Wonder if it would be easier for them to just shut down the site, redo the system/fix the problems, and then fire it back up, instead of trying to patch it on the fly?
I know $$$ from advertisers has to be considered, but how many have they lost, and are they going to loose or never gain, just like the posters, when the site keeps breaking down on em.

Even with a plane, there's only so much patching you can do before the bird no longer functions, you retire it, buy/build a new one and go on.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I can't remember if it was in this thread, or one of the many other on RCU about the image upload problem, where I promised that I would forward any information that I received in order to keep all of our members better informed. Anyway, whether I did or not I'm still going to give you guys the info that I have received.

I know that the image upload issue has been going of for a few days now, but I've got some info about what's going on. Earlier this week IB tried to migrate us to a faster server cluster in order to get better performance out of RCU. During that migration a storage device went bad and caused the entire migration to totally crater, which resulted in the "Pardon our dust" banner showing for a good part of Wednesday. The tech department restored to the pre-migration backup and decided to take care of the migration a couple of servers at a time, instead of all of them at once. They think that the image upload issue is tied in with the storage device that went bad and it should come back up and work properly once the server migration is completed. Unfortunately I don't have the target for that completion, but I know that they are working as fast as they can to take care of it. 

So hopefully we'll get our images back working soon. I promise that if I receive any other news about this I will pass it on to you guys. 

This week I have new communications with IB that I have never had before, so I promise that I will pass on every scrap of news that I can get for everybody. I know most of you don't like being a mushroom and I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure that you aren't treated like that from now on.

Ken
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

It's been reported to me that the image upload issues have been resolved. As you can see here I have uploaded a picture, so hopefully everything is good now.

Going forward I plan on taking a more active role in being a conduit of information from our Tech Department when things like this happen. In addition, if at any time anybody has any questions or concerns about tech related issues on RCU please don't hesitate to PM me, I'll do everything within my power to address your concerns. That's what I'm here for guys!!!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35228.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1870803  
Old 04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Alex Voicu

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry, attaching images still doesn't work for me. It's been the same the whole week; when trying to upload an image, after selecting the picture from my HD and clicking ok, i receive a message saying "Missing required fields". The Beta multi-file upload option doesn't work either.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Try completely logging out of RCU. Close your web browser. Go into your web browser settings and delete all temporary internet files and cookies. Then reopen your browser and then log back into RCU and see if you can upload images.

Ken