Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 AM
socalbudman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

test
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Why do I have to "sign in" every time i open a page and want to write a comment?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:08 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

When I am on the main page, it shows I'm logged in, but when I go to a forum, am still being asked to log in, only to be "logged in" when I go to the log in page, then go back to a forum to be told I'm not "logged in". This happens intermittently so I guess its a bug?

Also, do I have to reload all my pictures and Avatar? Everything seemed to be missing.

Scott
Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Terry Holston

So, What you are saying is: After I come to RC Universe, click "sign in", Click "My Forums" twice to get to RC Jets, when I post in a thread I gotta go and un subscribe to said thread just to NOT get a bunch of e-mails on every device I use?

I still say, you got it back wards, I/We should have to subscribe to a thread NOT unsubscribe......................Problem solved!

Oh, and when I come on this morning, it took me directly to where I used to go under the "old" RCU...(all right!)...............I could read all the threads, just like it knew who I was. but I still had to go back and jump thru the hoops I described in the first line of this post to sign in to write this reply.

Also, today the "Top" button takes me to the top of the current thread page. But, I still think there should be a 3rd button at the bottom (Where the top button is) to take you to the page where all the threads are listed in what ever forum you are trying to read, like the button to the left does when you do go to the top of the thread page. (The one in Bold in the example below) Clear as mud?

Forum RC Universe Support RC JETS Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here
Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Login problem similar to those described earlier with a slight twist. I open a new tab in my browser (Chrome) and go to www. rcuniverse.com. RCU comes up showing I am logged in. I click on "Forums". This takes me to the new Forum and I am not logged in. I close the tab (not the browser). Again I open a new tab in my browser (Chrome) and go to www. rcuniverse.com. RCU comes up showing I am logged in. I click on "Forums". This takes me to the new Forum and presto! I am logged in this time. My Forums and everything seems to work OK for the most part.

If I close the browser I have to go through the whole routine again.

Brian
Old 08-14-2013, 08:34 AM
EJWash1
My Feedback: (3)

I'm getting emails alerting me of new posts in threads that I'm subscribed to. The only choices are to unsubscribe to a particular thread or unsubscribe to all threads. The old software let you opt-out of receiving emails. How do I stop the emails and stay subscribed to the threads?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:35 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

What is really bugging me.....is that the PC I use here at work, I have no admin rights on so I can do very little to it.....It is running Internet Explorer 8 and RCU works pretty well. Even the MY FORUMS icons work.

MY PC at home, which I have total control of.....well...you know what I mean, runs Internet Explorer 10 ....logs into RCU OK, but most of the buttons and icons are useless. I had to wait till I came to work this morning to answer a PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EJWash1
I'm getting emails alerting me of new posts in threads that I'm subscribed to. The only choices are to unsubscribe to a particular thread or unsubscribe to all threads. The old software let you opt-out of receiving emails. How do I stop the emails and stay subscribed to the threads?
EJ, Try this:

First go to "Subscriptions".

Now select the threads you don't want emails for.

Then, at the bottom, select "Through my control panel only" and click "Go".

Does that help?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1907947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1907948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1907949  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:05 AM
ahamay

I thought the login problems were solved but they are not. I've just come back to my chrome overnight and clicked refresh on the last thread I was looking at and i'm now logged out.... why ? Have to go back the the login process again. Sorry but that's still a FAIL.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:25 AM
EJWash1
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
EJ, Try this:

First go to "Subscriptions".

Now select the threads you don't want emails for.

Then, at the bottom, select "Through my control panel only" and click "Go".

Does that help?
I THANK YOU!

I saw the boxes and drop-down menu but didn't know what my "control panel" was. Guess that's the menu to the right of my avatar.

I chose the "through my control panel" for all the threads. Let's see if it works.

Thanks again!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:27 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Airbrushler
i'm not happy at all been trying to post since it came back on
Could you please tell us what kind of problems occurred as you were trying to post? We apologize for the inconvenience, we are trying out best to fix all the reported problems for RCU.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
This vBulletin did nothing more than save Internet Brands some money by using their own inept software and server.
Someone at IB should have bought the book, "Internet for dummies" before attempting this migration. This appears to be someone's first attempt at doing this ... and their last..
We understand how frustrating this all can be. Please understand that we are trying out best to fix all the reported issues. Thank you for your input and patience.

Originally Posted by Airplanes400

The picture format is horrible too. All clumped together. Plus, I have to use the mouse to move between pictures. With the old (and much better system) I could just use the arrow keys ... that was much better
This isn't an upgrade ... it's a downgrade!
This problem has been noted. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Back to my old problem I've seen: In this mornings notification email took me to post #309 even though it had the text of a later post, much later. Here is the link from that email:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html

Like some of the other problems, it's not a show stopper, just an inconvenience to have to find that post.

Don't give up! We'll get there!

UPDATE!!! Ah-ha! After I posted this and then went back to click on the link, it took me to the newest post, this one. Something is getting reset someplace, maybe after shutting down at night because it always seems to want to take me to post #309. Keeping an eye on it!

Update #2!!! Just got another notification email. That one took me back to post #309... on page 13. Hmmm....

Would it be possible that those threads that you are landing on are the your last unread posts?
The correct behavior would be that it attempts to land you on "last unread" post bookmark.

Continue to keep us updated on this. Thank you for your time and patience!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:01 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still having to log un every time I visit RCU. And when subscribed to a thread, the e-mail link takes me only to the beginning of the thread, not to the point of the rssponse.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by IBpark
Would it be possible that those threads that you are landing on are the your last unread posts?
The correct behavior would be that it attempts to land you on "last unread" post bookmark.

I'm getting the same issue as reported here as well. This morning there was a new post notification for this quoted post above. When I click on the link from my email it takes me to some post about 2 pages back and i'm logged out of the forum. Everything seems to work if I get a new post notification and i'm logged in, it will take me to the correct post.

I think you still have some login issues to sort out, as these seem to be the root of a lot of the problems being reported.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got logged out again when I refreshed the screen. Chrome browser.
Edwin
Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM
BadSplice

We understand how frustrating this all can be. Please understand that we are trying out best to fix all the reported issues. Thank you for your input and patience.

"The picture format is horrible too. All clumped together. Plus, I have to use the mouse to move between pictures. With the old (and much better system) I could just use the arrow keys ... that was much better
This isn't an upgrade ... it's a downgrade!"

This problem has been noted. Thank you.

I have to agree. I hate almost everything about this (non) upgrade.... but what I hate the most is the new picture interface. The old RCU picture interface was the best I have seen anywhere on the net so far, and your doing away with it is a crime. If you cant change anything else back (and I think it should all change back, no matter how man hours have been wasted so far) Please change the picture interface back. Please.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:19 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
old forum, could exit rcu for whatever reason, work, and return 8-10-20-48 hours later and i was still logged in.
new, exit for X amount of time, less than 4 hours so far, and i have to do the whole log in dance with the profile page and all.

still have to do the mark all forums read before i exit, or when i do get back, all those threads i did not want to read last time are still there in bold waiting for me to not open em again with the few i did read not in bold..

also, if i wanted to log on to a forum like RCG to see a scheme like RCG and to have problems with, like RCG, i would just log onto RCG. the difference in RCU from all the other forums out there, IS what made RCU special. now it is just another plain vanilla site. one that dose not even work near as well as the others and no where near what it was 2 weeks ago.
Originally Posted by Oosiksmith
After you log in and select a forum it never keeps you logged in.
Originally Posted by clpahodges
Every day when I boot up my computer and go to the RCU home page, it shows my logged in. If I go to any other page, it shows me not logged in. I have to sign out, then sign back in. After I do that, I can go to any page and be logged in.

Bill Hodges
Originally Posted by LSP972
I too am having to "log in" each visit. I click on the site from my bookmarks, the home page comes up and shows me logged in, but when I choose a forum (ANY forum) it makes me click on the log-in prompt and brings me to the My Account page. There I click on My Forums and things get normal.

Are you saying that I must log out on the home page after each visit to prevent this?

Originally Posted by Edwin
Login logout still broke. Tried the logout from home page, didnt work this morning. Logged me out.
Edwin
Originally Posted by tothemax
Same here
Originally Posted by jaka
Hi!
Why do I have to "sign in" every time i open a page and want to write a comment?
Originally Posted by scottrc
When I am on the main page, it shows I'm logged in, but when I go to a forum, am still being asked to log in, only to be "logged in" when I go to the log in page, then go back to a forum to be told I'm not "logged in". This happens intermittently so I guess its a bug?

Also, do I have to reload all my pictures and Avatar? Everything seemed to be missing.

Scott
Originally Posted by Terry Holston
So, What you are saying is: After I come to RC Universe, click "sign in", Click "My Forums" twice to get to RC Jets, when I post in a thread I gotta go and un subscribe to said thread just to NOT get a bunch of e-mails on every device I use?

I still say, you got it back wards, I/We should have to subscribe to a thread NOT unsubscribe......................Problem solved!

Oh, and when I come on this morning, it took me directly to where I used to go under the "old" RCU...(all right!)...............I could read all the threads, just like it knew who I was. but I still had to go back and jump thru the hoops I described in the first line of this post to sign in to write this reply.

Also, today the "Top" button takes me to the top of the current thread page. But, I still think there should be a 3rd button at the bottom (Where the top button is) to take you to the page where all the threads are listed in what ever forum you are trying to read, like the button to the left does when you do go to the top of the thread page. (The one in Bold in the example below) Clear as mud?

Forum RC Universe Support RC JETS Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here
Originally Posted by aghost
Login problem similar to those described earlier with a slight twist. I open a new tab in my browser (Chrome) and go to www. rcuniverse.com. RCU comes up showing I am logged in. I click on "Forums". This takes me to the new Forum and I am not logged in. I close the tab (not the browser). Again I open a new tab in my browser (Chrome) and go to www. rcuniverse.com. RCU comes up showing I am logged in. I click on "Forums". This takes me to the new Forum and presto! I am logged in this time. My Forums and everything seems to work OK for the most part.

If I close the browser I have to go through the whole routine again.

Brian
Originally Posted by ahamay
I thought the login problems were solved but they are not. I've just come back to my chrome overnight and clicked refresh on the last thread I was looking at and i'm now logged out.... why ? Have to go back the the login process again. Sorry but that's still a FAIL.
Originally Posted by hookedonrc
I am still having to log un every time I visit RCU. And when subscribed to a thread, the e-mail link takes me only to the beginning of the thread, not to the point of the rssponse.
Originally Posted by Edwin
Got logged out again when I refreshed the screen. Chrome browser.
Edwin
Clearly a lot of you are still having login/staying logged in issues. We are absolutely still pursuing this as our #1 priority to fix, so every last member of RCU can get on the site and stay on as long as they want.

At this point, the vast majority of members have no login issues at all. We're trying to figure out what it is that those who are having this problem have in common. We'll keep pushing out changes until it's solved.

We pushed out changes yesterday, last night, and this afternoon that have helped cut down the problems dramatically. We understand how frustrating it is to still be without a stable login. We will fix this for you, and we will keep you in the loop along the way.

We thank you again for your patience with this difficult process.

Paul
Old 08-14-2013, 03:27 PM
BadSplice

put me on the list of logon problems too. At least half the time when I go from the main page to any forum, it makes me log in again, which takes me to a page with a very tempting "cancel membership permanently" button
Old 08-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

I think any help we can give you is helping us in the end! With that said, here is a bit more info:
I opened the latest notification and clicked on the link. Again it took me to post #309. I navigated to the last post, closed the browser and click the link again. The second time it took me to the last post. Some time later I'll get an emailed notification, I'll click the link and I'll be directed to post #309 again. I'm not sure what it is about #309. Where are the post bookmarks stored? Is there maybe a cookie that isn't being updated? I'm at a loss.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadSplice
The old RCU picture interface was the best I have seen anywhere on the net so far, and your doing away with it is a crime. If you cant change anything else back (and I think it should all change back, no matter how man hours have been wasted so far) Please change the picture interface back. Please.
This has already been noted. Thank you for your input.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadSplice
put me on the list of logon problems too. At least half the time when I go from the main page to any forum, it makes me log in again, which takes me to a page with a very tempting "cancel membership permanently" button
We understand how frustrating this all can be. We're trying to figure out what it is that those who are having this problem have in common. We'll keep pushing out changes until it's solved. Thank you for your patience with this difficult process.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

I think any help we can give you is helping us in the end! With that said, here is a bit more info:
I opened the latest notification and clicked on the link. Again it took me to post #309. I navigated to the last post, closed the browser and click the link again. The second time it took me to the last post. Some time later I'll get an emailed notification, I'll click the link and I'll be directed to post #309 again. I'm not sure what it is about #309. Where are the post bookmarks stored? Is there maybe a cookie that isn't being updated? I'm at a loss.
Ok, I'll report this to tech and see what the problem is. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Ok, I'll report this to tech and see what the problem is. Thank you!
P.S. It is sporadic at best. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Just now it did work. Thanks for working on it!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by grbaker
What is really bugging me.....is that the PC I use here at work, I have no admin rights on so I can do very little to it.....It is running Internet Explorer 8 and RCU works pretty well. Even the MY FORUMS icons work.

MY PC at home, which I have total control of.....well...you know what I mean, runs Internet Explorer 10 ....logs into RCU OK, but most of the buttons and icons are useless. I had to wait till I came to work this morning to answer a PM.
Thank you for letting us know. We have reported this problem with IE8 vs IE10 to tech.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.