Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
planepoke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and another:

Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum Electric General Discussion, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 2 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106

The following threads are new:
Problem with 3G-R Sport Gyro
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11585341
In forum: Electric General Discussion
Started by: Jorge Obama
Last post: 08-20-2013 03:19 PM

The following threads have been updated:
Need Electric Motor and ESC Recommendations For 30" Herr Piper Cub
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11584882
Started by: Steve Westphal
Last post: 08-20-2013 08:18 AM
E-flite Albatros D.Va 25e is a Lame Duck
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11339231
Started by: abcarr711
Last post: 08-20-2013 10:24 PM

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...6b5bbbc58248fc
Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

I am now receiving messages of new postings to half a dozen forums that I never subscribed to.
when I go to forums and look, it does not show me as subscribed, so I do not have the option Tom"unsubscribe to this forum"

one more day of several dozen messages and I will simply close my 10 + year account
Old 08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
F14

Today mails:
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Aerodynamics, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Beginners, there have been 3 new thread(s) and 10 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Batteries & Chargers, there have been 2 new thread(s) and 2 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Crash & Rebuild, there have been 0 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Crash & Rebuild, there have been 0 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96
Dear F14,You are subscribed to the forum Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110
Never subscribed to those forums, why I'm subscribed to them?Angelo

Last edited by F14; 08-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM
viper1

Dear RCU,

I was following this "upgrade" with a grin on my face, try to help. I'm an older member, more patient, I know it takes a lot of time and effort and it's a big thing, it takes time for everything to run smooth again and it also takes time for people to get used to new things.

But seriously, whoever is behind this, they have no clue what they are doing!!! We are not getting closer to improvement but progressively going backwards.
I'm starting to give up, biggest joke I've seen thus far on any forum.
You are seriously on a road to destruction, PULL THE HANDBRAKE NOW !!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:19 PM
bpasternak
My Feedback: (4)

Receiving thread updates that I'm not subscribed to.Tried to unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email, says it's an invalid thread. I'm not subscribed to any threads.

I see that there are several threads about this issue, and some recommendations. I'M NOT READING THEM! THIS ISN'T MY PROBLEM!

RCU is coming close to be added to my spam folder.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by hoops
I am now receiving messages of new postings to half a dozen forums that I never subscribed to.
when I go to forums and look, it does not show me as subscribed, so I do not have the option Tom"unsubscribe to this forum"

one more day of several dozen messages and I will simply close my 10 + year account
Hoops you are subscribed to 22 forums. To adjust this; please go to the main forum index page, and you will observe a small black circle with a minus sign in it (this is to the right of each forum name, close to the middle of the page). This indicates "You are subscribed, click icon to UNSUBSCRIBE"
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
planepoke

But i am not subscribed to any forums! Please make the spam stop!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Adam Hied

well I am suddenly subscribed to 22 forums that i posted in in the past. My gmail inbox got 66 rcu emails today, and a bunch of others over the last several weeks.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM
planepoke

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
Hoops you are subscribed to 22 forums. To adjust this; please go to the main forum index page, and you will observe a small black circle with a minus sign in it (this is to the right of each forum name, close to the middle of the page). This indicates "You are subscribed, click icon to UNSUBSCRIBE"
IBx, what do we do if we are receiving the spam and we are not subscribed to any forums? Please respond.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I cannot unsubscribe from all my threads or forums. Please do that for me or help me out.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Opuske

just goto account settings and change email to the admin email of the forum or simular.
That way u dont get spammed anymore and the admin gets all the spams.
Ive gotten today alone over 70 emails from this **** forum.
How can i delete my account here or if someone else can do it for me i would be happy if u would delete my account cause im sick of this **** now.
BadSplice

It seems to me that this auto subscribing thing is ridiculous and making a Lot of people angry...... Why is it set that way as a default? Do you seriously expect Every user of RCU to have to go and turn this off? Why dont you guys turn it off at the source? NO Auto Subscribe... Why would Anyone Ever want that feature?

turning that off was the FIRST THING I did with the new RCU, before even asking for our good site back, now I am getting emails from you too.

I wish I could believe that this was actually better than the old system....

Last edited by BadSplice; 08-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too. Getting OLD. I'm about to leave the forum over it, and while I'd hate to do that, it's coming down to the short rows for me. I've received over 50 today.

I'm going to report them to the SPAMbots here VERY Soon and have them blacklisted. I will NOT tolerate this. It is getting OLD.

Last edited by WilsonFlyer; 08-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Opuske

ah nevermind i found where i can deactivate my account permanently.
so goodbye and hope to never hear from ur forum again.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:31 PM
viper1

What was use to be "my forums" (which was only a view preference) , this list has now automatically been converted to email notifications, including the sub-forums.

That is the problem, but solving this will create a new one, I'm convinced.......
Old 08-21-2013, 12:32 PM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

OK I got it
Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by BadSplice
It seems to me that this auto subscribing thing is ridiculous and making a Lot of people angry...... Why is it set that way as a default? Do you seriously expect Every user of RCU to have to go and turn this off? Why dont you guys turn it off at the source? NO Auto Subscribe... Why would Anyone Ever want that feature?

turning that off was the FIRST THING I did with the new RCU, before even asking for our good site back, now I am getting emails from you too.

I wish I could believe that this was actually better than the old system....
It is turned off; everyone's setting is reset to "Do not notify me by email"
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

I had seen the list previously but there was no index as to the icons.
i have I subscribed to all. Hopefully this will work.
The responses to this thread lead me to believe the revised website has created a few issues for the service.

good luck
Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 PM
grimgrinnin

I haven't visited this site in years. All of a sudden my inbox is filled with subscription notifications for forums I've never even visited, let alone subscribed to (like a lot of people here). I finally had enough, so I came here to turn off notifications, or unsubscribe, or whatever it takes to fix.

I've been clicking unsubscribe links for 20 minutes, and I still have 121 forums to go (yes, I counted).

Asking your users to unsubscribe from some 200 odd forums, one at a time, that they never subscribed to is a bit nutty, wouldn't you agree?

One SQL statement could stop the spam for all users. It's obvious whoever is responsible for this upgrade was not qualified to do it.

I'm off to delete my account now. Have fun!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
BadSplice

Thanks.

How about the whole auto-subscribing thing though? Its great that we wont get spammed, but I really dont want to build up a pile of subscribed threads just by browsing RCU... The only thing that makes sense to me is that ANY subscribing ought to be done by the user only if they choose.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM
pappy35

I started getting one e-mail after another today about forums I never subscribed to and don't want to have to unsub from every one. I don't see anyway to turn off e-mail notification for these. Also, I unsub'd from all threads and am still getting flooded.

Please fix this or RCU goes on my spam filter.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:19 PM
drube

Originally Posted by Scar

Old: In MY FORUMS mode, "New Posts" button took me to new posts only from MY FORUMS.
New: In MY Forums mode, "New Posts" button displays posts from every forum on the site. I miss the ease with which I could see just the posts of interest to me.

I've spent almost no time browsing since the change, my only posts have been to complain here about the frustrating loss of the My Forums New Posts feature and login issues.

A few posts above this one, I see at least two other people who are no longer browsing, due to the loss of that new posts feature. A quick win for you would be to incorporate that feature into your new setup. You might want to at least make all the "My Forums" links work.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
We need this function back! I'm so tired of having to weed through forums and threads that i'm not interested in! I pick forums in the Airplane section, why do I have to sort through cars,tanks,boats to see the new posts in my forums? Sick of it! I'm close to closing my account! How do I close it?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
I keep getting subscription thread updates in my email even though I am not subscribed to those particular threads.
Originally Posted by edessa
The 40 plus emails per day for threads I do not subscribe to is getting old very fast. Please fix..
Originally Posted by staffan
SO I am not the only one who gets daily e-mail reports about forum changes, w/o having subscribed to anything . This started all of a sudden about a week ago and is Very irritating !
Originally Posted by pettit
I seem to be subscribed to each and every thread on every forum. Every time there is a new post, I get notified
Originally Posted by kthmarks
I am receiving email notifications for forums that I am not now or have ever subscribed to.
Originally Posted by underh2o2long
I am getting email to forums I am NOT subscribed to.... example below....

Dear underh2o2long,
You are subscribed to the forum Aerodynamics, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Originally Posted by lovedr
Im receiving about 50 emails regarding different Subscriptions that I dont subscribe to. please fix ASAP.
Originally Posted by Lloyd
I keep getting inundated with emails about thread updates to which I have no subscription. Do I have to cancel my account to stop these?
Originally Posted by Tom Nied
I can't unsubscribe fast enough. I should go out to the flying field.
Originally Posted by planepoke
PLEASE HELP!
Hello. The forum keeps spamming me with email. For some reason every thread I have ever posted in keeps sending me individual emails with "updates." It started recently, and I can't turn it off!
Originally Posted by James347
Still got emails saying I am subscribed. I am now going to try deleting again, but this time I will go ahead and log into my email service and have it blacklisted. I am done.
Originally Posted by larrwill
I seem to have been subscribed to all forums. Unsubscribing does not seem to help and I keep getting subscription email.
Originally Posted by cevans
I was suddenly subscribed to many forums today. I am getting a ton of emails. I do not want to be subscribed to ANY forums and it is taking forever to unsubscribe one by one. Please delete me from ALL forums immediately.
Originally Posted by www.MKSservosUSA.com
+1 more
Everyone's setting is reset to "Do not notify me by email"

1. Everyone is set to NO DAILY DIGEST
  2. Those that want DAILY DIGEST can adjust their settings and subscribed forums accordingly
    1. When logged in, go to forum homepage
    2. Observe unsubscribe to forum icon (black with minus sign) to the right of forum name(s) in the middle of the page
    3. Click icon to unsubscribe
    4. OR click green icon to subscribe and choose correct email notification schema.

This issue should be OK going forward.

We truly apologize for all the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM
pappy35

If this is the case, why am I still getting e-mails! I have gotten 15 e-mails, all just this afternoon.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
pappy35

Does this mean I will stop getting e-mails for threads I respond to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.