Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread bug was fixed, for a while, now it's back. It's the "My Forums" link on the dropdown menu, home page.

I log out when I close, I log back in when I return. For the last few days, I could click the above "My Forum" link and be taken to My Forums. Today, on the first try, I was taken to ALL FORUMS. On the second try, I simply went to the same dropdown menu, clicked on My Forums and was taken to My Forums.

First time, fail. Second time, worked.

Seriously? You really want this to keep going on?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:03 AM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please explain what is the difference between the Forum, My Forum dropdown and Forum, My Page dropdown? They both look the same for me.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ernie Misner
Hello IBpark, I think we chatted about this a couple of weeks ago perhaps. I get the email notifications just fine and the links to the forum/thread is there, but it is not blue colored or live like it used to be before the forum changes. I have to manually copy the link then paste it into my browser and click on that before I can get to the forum. It's waaay slow and cumbersome. Your links are live and clickable aren't they, as they should be? I think it has something to do with us AOL users. Before the forum changes, it said "AOL users click here", and there was a blue live link to click on. Please continue to persue this and thanks a bunch!
Thank you for your reply. We are currently looking into this issue for AOL users! We'll keep you updated.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande

all missing from my profile page .all feedback and gallery photos i had are gone .is there any
in charge in here actually to step up or its just talk between members?
DelGatoGrande; none of your gallery or model information has been changed in any way, your profile is still located here on the main section of the site: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=100568

Thank you
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

While I received subscriptions just fine it doesn't go to the right post...just to the top of that page....if I do it a second time right away from the email it then goes to the right ups to date post (unread)??
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for looking into the issue for us on AOL. I've used them since the old days of 4.0 when I was new to this here computer stuff and didn't know much about typing (who would ever think that back in the `60's i'd ever have to know how to type?) or how to copy and paste. Unfortunately I keep getting page 4 when I C&P the link from my e-mail. We're now on page 47.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:02 PM
neilrether

Still not getting emails for subscribed threads or subscribed forums. Is anyone else having this problem, or have you all given up?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by neilrether
Still not getting emails for subscribed threads or subscribed forums. Is anyone else having this problem, or have you all given up?
Hello,

Have you tried reading and following instructions that were posted on this thread?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...l#post11598083
Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 PM
tkline

I've just about given up I actually got a email notification for the second to last post before mine but not for any of the others on this page and when I clicked the link it took me to page 3 it normally takes me to 2 pages back from the post I was emailed about but this time 43 pages back. Wow
Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Dave Harmon

Originally Posted by tkline
I've just about given up I actually got a email notification for the second to last post before mine but not for any of the others on this page and when I clicked the link it took me to page 3 it normally takes me to 2 pages back from the post I was emailed about but this time 43 pages back. Wow
It worked perfectly for me this time and one time before a few minuites ago......mebby they fixed it?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 PM
tkline

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
It worked perfectly for me this time and one time before a few minuites ago......mebby they fixed it?
Worked for me this time also but for how long ?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:03 PM
tkline

And I guess our old rating from buying and selling is now gone? And we have to start all over again
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM
warbirdcolors
My Feedback: (5)

OK, this all officially SUCKS now....
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Dave Harmon

Originally Posted by tkline
Worked for me this time also but for how long ?
I see that it has worked three times at least so I guess this is fixed....I hope!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 AM
JohnB96041

Nope.....did not work for me this morning. Took me to the middle of the last page of posts not to the last post.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:18 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

when i have clicked on the icon next to a thread title, that takes me to the first unread post of that thread, then read up to the end of that page and on to the next,and for whatever reason i want to go back and re read the last post of the preceding page, i hit the back button, and as it is re loading the bottom of the previous page, it will refresh back to the first unread post that it took me to from the original click on that icon earlier. then i have to navigate back down to the bottom of the page to see the post or posts i was looking to re read.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Increase Edit Timer

Would you increase the Edit Timer ? After a posting a reply it seems you have only a minute to make changes before the post is updated with an "edited post message". That's only enough time to correct one mistake or make a change. Should be 5-10 minutes in my opinion.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 AM
BadSplice

Originally Posted by warbirdcolors
OK, this all officially SUCKS now....
The proof is in the pudding, as the saying goes...

I have checked back into the site a few times, and its depressing to see that its not only not getting ANY better, but there are hardly any new posts...

Not only that, but connecting to the site has been as slow and buggy as it ever was on the old software.

FAIL RCU. Fail
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 AM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

Not a real biggie, but would like it if my forum list would show in Quick Navigation.

Thanks for all the improvments.Roger
Old 08-30-2013, 11:35 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Would you increase the Edit Timer ? After a posting a reply it seems you have only a minute to make changes before the post is updated with an "edited post message". That's only enough time to correct one mistake or make a change. Should be 5-10 minutes in my opinion.
There is no edit timer while you are making changes or editing posts. It auto-saves it but does not publicly post it until you click the "save" button.

You do have around 60 days after you post your message to go back to it to make any necessary changes.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
drube

When I go to New Posts drop down menu and choose New Airplane Posts i'm seeing New Jets Posts as well, even though there is an option under New Posts drop down menu for New Jets Posts.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by drube
When I go to New Posts drop down menu and choose New Airplane Posts i'm seeing New Jets Posts as well, even though there is an option under New Posts drop down menu for New Jets Posts.
This is now FIXED. JETS are not part of the RC AIRPLANES any longer.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
drube

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Here's a fresh flaw.

I was in the Kit Building forum, and went to the "Search This Forum" button. Typed in "Hostetler" and got responses from many other forums. The list is here, copied from the message that came up:
Type: Posts; Keyword(s): Hostetler; Forum: Kit Building, Kit Manufacturer Direct Support Forum, Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore and child forums

Please advise, did you intend for the "Search THIS Forum" button to return hits from other forums?

Dave Olson
Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by Scar
Here's a fresh flaw.

I was in the Kit Building forum, and went to the "Search This Forum" button. Typed in "Hostetler" and got responses from many other forums. The list is here, copied from the message that came up:
Type: Posts; Keyword(s): Hostetler; Forum: Kit Building, Kit Manufacturer Direct Support Forum, Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore and child forums

Please advise, did you intend for the "Search THIS Forum" button to return hits from other forums?

Dave Olson
Hi Dave,

I was not able to replicate this report. I went into Kit Building forum, scrolled down and found the dropdown for "Search This Forum" and was given this correct result http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sear...searchid=83411 (this link may be dead by the time you get this)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.