Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed to get some things to work properly I had to log back out and log in again after the new forum was up and running. If you were logged in over the weekend things like attachments and pictures wouldn't work come Monday with the new forum, but cleaning out my cookies and doing a new login seemed to clear things up.

"My Forums" no longer appears to work for me.

Other than that things seem to be working well. Good job.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my account it seems the forum move has lost all my own SENT private message copies! I always saved any sent PM in my SENT folder.

I checked all my SENT private messages, & all I have in the SENT ITEMS box now are complete duplicates of all my INBOX messages. None of my original sent private messages have been saved after the move.

Also, I noticed that the saving SENT private messages to the Sent folder setting has also been turned OFF in my profile after the move, as well as the setting for getting a pop-up notification when a new message is received was turned OFF when I had both ON before the move.
Everyone should check all their General & Privacy account settings in their profiles to make sure these & all other settings are still the way you wanted them!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

I bet the script that generate it needs to be rewritten for the new forum software...
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also getting the full inbox problem when someone PM's me. I get email notifications of it. Sending PMs works fine.

I didn't clear any caches in Safari to get RCU to remember me. I would log in, go to the register as new member function and sign in there. RCU remembers me now. I mostly did that to look for a workaround since I lose too much info on my iPad when I clear Safari caches on it. Anyway, it works.

I really like the look, but what I miss is the double directory line thing like we had before. I don't know what else to call it. It's the left to right list of forums we navigated through, like this:

(That is cool to just copy and paste!) Anyway, it was very convenient to have this at the bottom of the window like the old layout. No more scrolling all the way back to the top to navigate quickly.

Last edited by blw; 08-07-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 AM
bconver

Originally Posted by 8178
1. The first time I enter the site I select the drop down "Forums" tab (on the RCU main page) then click "My Forums" I get all the forums. When I do it the second time I get "My Forums".

2. The new images that I posted look fuzzy and not clear like the original. Looks like the file is being compressed and the compression is not working correctly or is being compressed too much.

3. The original build threads I did are showing a mix of thumbnails and image links rather than all thumbnails. The threads are really not usable showing just links and I spent a zillion hours over the last 9 years creating them. Here is an example link, one of many http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3973867/tm.htm Update: That problem might be very slowly fixing itself but it still has links on page 47 forward.

4. Please take a look at the scrambled text on post 28 of the above thread? Those odd symbols show up at the end of all my pages at "To be continued....".

Thanks.
Thx We have logged each of your items. Specifically on #3, the thumbnail images are slowly migrating which is why you see some but not all. They will all be there over the next few days.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

Hey blw - the PM issue is resolved, please advise.

Originally Posted by blw
I'm also getting the full inbox problem when someone PM's me. I get email notifications of it. Sending PMs works fine.

I didn't clear any caches in Safari to get RCU to remember me. I would log in, go to the register as new member function and sign in there. RCU remembers me now. I mostly did that to look for a workaround since I lose too much info on my iPad when I clear Safari caches on it. Anyway, it works.

I really like the look, but what I miss is the double directory line thing like we had before. I don't know what else to call it. It's the left to right list of forums we navigated through, like this:

(That is cool to just copy and paste!) Anyway, it was very convenient to have this at the bottom of the window like the old layout. No more scrolling all the way back to the top to navigate quickly.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Is this better than the earlier version...? No way!
I cannot reply (tells me to log in ...but I´m already greated welcome and where is the log in button?...pictures isn't seen directly as before (you have to click on files to open them).
Why change something that works and looks good???

Last edited by jaka; 08-07-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jetster81
Working for me and looking great, well done to those who set this up
I'M NOT LIKING THIS NEW FORMAT AT ALL. Why do i have to sign in every time i get on here.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

I find that if I click on the RCU home link in the top left hand corner of the screen and then come back to the forums from the forums tab it doesn't make me log in. But, if I get an email about a thread and I use the link in the email I'm not logged in once I get to the thread...
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 AM
acerc

Because they can!!! Almost.......
Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Walther

Originally Posted by sensei
I am noticing that whenever I use the back arrow, it just doesn't take me back to the place I was, it also takes me to the top of the page of where I was, and then I must page back through in order to find...

Bob
This is a real pain when you have to scroll through everything again.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sometimes My Forums gets me My Forums and sometimes it gets me all forums.

Can't figure out where to edit My Forums.

Page turns within this thread have been painfully slow and we are only at 5 pages.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
RCPAUL

Have same problem.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

when looking at my subscriptions, it dosnt tell me the category that the thread is in. I only look in a few category's, so now I have to go hunt for the category's. all you get is the threads name and who posted. ive seen lots of forums up date, but RCU took a step backward.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

With the old system, I could click on someones avatar and get to their gallery. How can I get to their gallery now?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
And I really hate the fact that just because I post in a forum it is automatically added to my Subscribed forums. Like I said above, "This new and inproved RCU bites"!!!

To turn off the auto-subscribe, go to Settings, Messaging and Notifications, Default Thread Subscription Mode: - then click on the pulldown and select the option you prefer.

It's going to take a bit to get used to the new forums, so have a little patience.

Last edited by Hemikiller; 08-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question regarding pics. If the answer is in FAQs I could not find it. When I am looking at a thread that has pictures, they are all listed at the bottom of the post with just file names. To view them I must open each one. Is this the way the new site works?...do I have a setting wrong somewhere?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hookedonrc
I have a question regarding pics. If the answer is in FAQs I could not find it. When I am looking at a thread that has pictures, they are all listed at the bottom of the post with just file names. To view them I must open each one. Is this the way the new site works?...do I have a setting wrong somewhere?
This is automatically updating over time. All attachments that currently list file names will be changing to thumbnails.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM
GBR2

I think this is a bug. When you click on the Qick Navigation Forum button at the top or bottom, instead of opening at the forum you are in it opens with the top forum so you have to scroll all the way down just to get where you are at. Old software didn't do that. Also, I chose My forum when I start and it still lists all the forums. why is that? Did the new software wipe out peoples preferences? I also don't like the look of the new site.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Since I posted that RCU was remembering me now I should post that it isn't working now. I have to log in.

Jaka- PM me if you want more info. But, the older RCU software was barely running, and poorly at that. You may remember the down times, slowdowns, and picture problems. Something had to be done in a major way. The older software may be described as patches on top of more patches.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by GBR2
I think this is a bug. When you click on the Qick Navigation Forum button at the top or bottom, instead of opening at the forum you are in it opens with the top forum so you have to scroll all the way down just to get where you are at. Old software didn't do that. Also, I chose My forum when I start and it still lists all the forums. why is that? Did the new software wipe out peoples preferences? I also don't like the look of the new site.
Give me an example of the first issue: because when I use the quick nav to take me to a forum, it takes me right there. Not sure what you are saying about scrolling.

For your second issue, are you saying that when you click Forums, then My Forums in the top header, it's not bringing you to your My Forums? Have you scrolled down to be sure? If so, where is it taking you?

It's helpful to tell us click by click what is happening, to list your browser type and version, and include links or screen shots where applicable. Thank you!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
I get an error message when trying to click the "forum settings" tab in the user CP. It says I don't have privilege or I'm not signed in even though I am. Clicking on the "click here to sign in" brings me back to the general settings tab showing me being signed in.
Same problem here. I cleared cookies and cache on every RCU page and managed to get signed in again so I figure I better post this as I might get signed off when I leave and I'm not going to spend ten minutes again to sign in.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM
GBR2

Say I'm in the Gas Forum, want to go to the Glow forum, I click the arrow next to where it says GAS or the word GAS itself and up pops a list of forums, starting at the top. What is so hard to understand about that. I then have to scroll through all the forums in that list to get to where I want to do. If the list just opened up at the forum you were in, as the old software did, that wouldn't be an issue.

I know what My Forums list looks like and even though I go to Forums/My Forums, the list I get is every single forum on the site.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM
IBobi

Say I'm in the Gas Forum, want to go to the Glow forum, I click the arrow next to where it says GAS or the word GAS itself and up pops a list of forums, starting at the top. What is so hard to understand about that. I then have to scroll through all the forums in that list to get to where I want to do. If the list just opened up at the forum you were in, as the old software did, that wouldn't be an issue.
Oh you mean the list of forums that comes up INSIDE the nav. I'll check on that.

I know what My Forums list looks like and even though I go to Forums/My Forums, the list I get is every single forum on the site.
Can you post the URL you're on when you go to My Forums, and a screen shot of your screen while you're there?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the Previous RCU version, there was a "New Posts" (or similar) option that let me see the New Posts of MY SUBSCRIBED FORUMS since the last time I logged in. All I get now are ALL New Posts site wide. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance
Rafael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.