Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Ads

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
It was a good natured joke Ken, simple as that. Nothing more nothing less. Obviously those are the threads that tend to have some strong passionate comments and reactions.....sorta like this one? Those are the ones that bring in lots of clicks, and almost always a mod...., sorta like this one?

Not that it's the end all be all in communicating online, but the little was added to indicate levity.

Sorry that it was taken in a manner other than what it was meant, the threads work fine.
I totally understand the meaning of a smiley face when it is posted in a thread. However, for several reasons I felt that your concerns needed to be addressed here in the open forum so that you, and others, knew RCU's stance on issues such as these. While you may say that those "threads work fine" there are many that would argue with you. In fact you pointed out that these threads "almost always bring a mod" into them. If the threads worked fine then they would not need the attention of myself or one of my Moderators. These threads usually do break down and require the attention from us. And I'm here to tell you that about 90% of the time it's because of somebody that is TRYING to cause problems. The issues that arise from members that are discussing an issue passionately usually come up and cool down pretty quickly. But the ones that come from those "trolling", or just trying to stir up trouble, usually go on for quite a bit and require quite a bit a time for us to clean up. Heck, I just had to clean up one today that took about 45 minutes of my time to clean up that fell into the category of the #2 above (a troll causing problems), but no worries as his days are getting very limited here on RCU as I'm not going to put up with him much longer. Anyway, that should give you a better idea of what's going on and that we take things like this very seriously.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Ken
Old 11-19-2015, 12:09 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCKen
I totally understand the meaning of a smiley face when it is posted in a thread. However, for several reasons I felt that your concerns needed to be addressed here in the open forum so that you, and others, knew RCU's stance on issues such as these. While you may say that those "threads work fine" there are many that would argue with you. In fact you pointed out that these threads "almost always bring a mod" into them. If the threads worked fine then they would not need the attention of myself or one of my Moderators. These threads usually do break down and require the attention from us. And I'm here to tell you that about 90% of the time it's because of somebody that is TRYING to cause problems. The issues that arise from members that are discussing an issue passionately usually come up and cool down pretty quickly. But the ones that come from those "trolling", or just trying to stir up trouble, usually go on for quite a bit and require quite a bit a time for us to clean up. Heck, I just had to clean up one today that took about 45 minutes of my time to clean up that fell into the category of the #2 above (a troll causing problems), but no worries as his days are getting very limited here on RCU as I'm not going to put up with him much longer. Anyway, that should give you a better idea of what's going on and that we take things like this very seriously.

Hope you have a great day!!!

Ken
Here in the open forums is great, as is being fair and reasonable in the application of moderation standards. Yes, some threads almost always lead to mod intervention, and almost always it's the same folks who troll, antagonize, and derail threads.

I guess I'll further clarify by saying that the threads "work" for their intended purpose 99% of the time, that being an open discussion and exchange of ideas. The AMA and HK threads can get heated, but then again so can the Spektrum ones, or other vendors or issues. Mods have a tough job in general, there are some great ones here. Case in point LBobi who took some heat over the past two months from the members, and undoubtedly had to go back to the IB folks or whomever and advocate for some change, and here we are with the change. No small deed I'm sure. So thanks for the hard work on all the mods parts.

And backatcha