Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

The edit post function doesn't work.

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

The edit post function doesn't work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 07:29 AM
tahustvedt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The edit post function doesn't work.

The edit post function doesn't work like it should. I can edit old posts, but when I try to edit a post I recently created all the text is gonee when the edit page comes up.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:18 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tahustvedt
The edit post function doesn't work like it should. I can edit old posts, but when I try to edit a post I recently created all the text is gonee when the edit page comes up.
Hi there. How recent are the posts that you're attempting to edit? I will also try to edit this post to see if I can replicate it.

EDIT: I successfully edited this post.

Are you using mobile or the desktop version of the site?
Old 04-26-2018, 07:20 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also have this problem... I cannot edit posts that I had edited in the past on my own thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...-thread-4.html . The Edit function now seems to disappear after a day or so for some reason. Is this a new policy at RCU? I'm sure that a lot of us would be interested in knowing that, and curious as to the reason.

Is there any way at all that I can get back into my old posts??? Is the icon/button perhaps still there but in a different space or different name or menu?

I am using two desktop machines from home running Windows 10 and Windows 7. I have tried to access my thread using IE, Firefox and Edge but no luck on either machine with any of those search engines.

Thanks a lot for any light that you can shed on this...

Bob

Last edited by N1EDM; 04-26-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:38 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N1EDM
I also have this problem... I cannot edit posts that I had edited in the past on my own thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...-thread-4.html . The Edit function now seems to disappear after a day or so for some reason. Is this a new policy at RCU? I'm sure that a lot of us would be interested in knowing that, and curious as to the reason.

Is there any way at all that I can get back into my old posts??? Is the icon/button perhaps still there but in a different space or different name or menu?

I am using two desktop machines from home running Windows 10 and Windows 7. I have tried to access my thread using IE, Firefox and Edge but no luck on either machine with any of those search engines.

Thanks a lot for any light that you can shed on this...

Bob
Yes, it's new. Because the marketplace is now part of the forum, we shortened the edit window. If someone got scammed, it would have been very easy for the scammer to avoid blame by editing their listing.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

yet another good reason for keeping the forum and the marketplace separate.

ya think that, just maybe, the guys that set up RCU originally actually had a clue what would work well?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:58 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I thought maybe the editing older posts "ban" would be lifted by now....nope. Dumb indeed.
Every other forum you can edit older posts. It really makes sense to do so when wanting to have an organized thread with updates on first page.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:51 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will add my own voice that the deletion of this function is not encouraging. I would feel really grateful if this function could be re-introduced.