Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

adds

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry adds

Now I remember why I got frustrated and quit checking this forum for a while! I can't read a post longer than one sentence without an add causing the page reload and scroll to a different post!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:46 AM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Adverts? Where?

Not with an adblocker in your browser.

Those pesky irritants will all vanish.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:04 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Jerry, I'm not seeing anything like that using the Chrome browser
Old 09-22-2017, 09:13 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jerry, are these video ads that seem to give you trouble? Does the page "jump" to some other post?
Old 10-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

The adds that I'm having issues with are video adds from Dignity Memorial Professionals.
When they pop up, you can't "X" out of them or shut them down. They seem to have the ability to force the thread or forum to scroll to the add and make you watch and listen to it. What makes this add even worse is it repeats over and over, alternating with one other add, basically making reading and/or posting in threads difficult to impossible. Just to make this post, I had to go into the "advanced" posting area just to be able to complete it. I had the add playing in a header add and then start in a footer add so the screen was bouncing back and forth between the two. At times, I see it in the adds posted on the right side of the screen, again forcing the page to scroll to that add
Old 10-16-2017, 09:32 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Hydro Junkie, thanks for the head's up. I'll report these as problem-causing.