Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

How can I Unsubscribe!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 07:44 AM
messlinger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I Unsubscribe!

Good Morning,

Can someone explain how I can unsubscribe from RCUniverse? And more importantly, how can I have all my personal information removed from these databanks?

As usual, I've looked all over the place in here and can't find anything. Also, I'm now receiving emails from RCU asking me to come back. This has gone too far. In my opinion, this place couldn't be more screwed up or inconsistant with the entire nature of "Hobby".

If the only way to remove myself from RCU is to write negative comments, then I guess I'll do it. Seems like the email you sent me today, by law, needs to have an opt-out clause at the bottom of the mail. It didn't. I can't find anything else anywhere on the site, but that's no surprise either. I can never find what I want anyway. I do see a lot of "in your face" advertisements. Go figure. There's enough advertising here to support a fortune 500 company. What's here for me? ..confusion and cost.

Please remove all of my personal information. I'd like to be removed. I'd like to not have to heard a bunch of attempted brainwashing and marketing and sales every time I express my opinion of RCU now sucks! Please get me out of here.. and remove all my info from your data. It's the law that this be made easy!

Have a great day!
Mark
Old 11-12-2003, 08:52 AM
MeltedPixel

Default RE: How can I Unsubscribe!

Databanks *giggles*
Why not PM RCAdmin, or even better yet.... email him? *gasp*
Old 11-12-2003, 09:08 AM
gone.

Just go to torqueroll.com - - -I'm outa here now!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:19 AM
onewasp

Unsubscribe -----I can't help you .

Personal info. can be changed to all zero's or dashes or whatever by going to your account and editing it . I agree that the NEW RCU is not as satisfying as the original. I think this is probably true of all similar forums ----- there are some who actually know what they are talking about ....then we have those who know very little (they seem to be growing in number) who would have you believe they know the answers to many questions posed here.

Legitimate questions should be answered in a forum like this . The problem is in beginners separating the wheat from the chaff! If you don't believe it just formulate a somewhat technical question you know the answer to and place it on the appropriate forum . You probably will get several "mouths" among your answers . Come to think of it I can probably predict some of the "handles" which will appear as these self proclaimed "experts" send their replies.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:40 PM
messlinger

I don't think they let someone unsub from here. That's how they keep the member count so high. I posted this in the clubhouse. Someone moved it to here, but didn't bother to read it or act on it? I don't think so.

They sure got it out of the clubhouse board quickly though.

Mark
Old 11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
messlinger

Come to think of it I can probably predict some of the "handles" which will appear as these self proclaimed "experts" send their replies.
Yeah, Like Super Cub, with Cubman, with a tagline that says, "Real planes have round engines."
That's an interesting one.
[&:]

Mark
Old 11-13-2003, 01:51 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simply go to MyAccount and remove your information there. you can also opt-out of all emails. use dashes where your name or other information that you don't want on our system appears. it isn't hard and since your already logged in it should take about8 seconds for you. good luck to you