Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

complete posts that get deleted

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

complete posts that get deleted

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 06:50 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default complete posts that get deleted

Why do complete posts keep getting deleted? The one I will use for example is the one in the beginner section that you thought was good enough to stick to the top, but then some started whining about "don't tell us what to do" and "I will ask if I bloodey well please".

If you thought it was good enough to stick to the top before it went off topic, isn't there a way you can just delete the posts from when it went off topic to the end and close it and leave it up. It was a helpfull thread.

I notice other threads that dissapear too. What happend to just locking them?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:04 PM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: complete posts that get deleted

FLYBOY,

There is a slight "glitch" in the system that deletes the entire thread, and it is being worked on, as we speak. you are right, for the moment, the best course is to LOCK a thread, unless the content is WAY beyond the rules.....and there have been a few in the last few days.

We are close to a resolution on the delete structure, and be assured, that NO one is MORE concerned than the Moderators....!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:57 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The thread in question should still be there.

The person who started it stuck it on top. Once it went off track the originator of the thread asked to have the "Stuck on Top" removed, so I did so, so that it could "Fade Away" as per the originators request.

It did not get deleted as far as I know.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:01 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I just had one deleted that I thought was pretty benign and am waiting to hear the reason. It may have gotten out of hand while I was away.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:29 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Nothing gets out of hand with you does it BB
Old 11-13-2003, 10:10 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because of the tree style option on the forum if a mod deletes a post it deletes all the replies to that post. this will eventually be handles in a less blunt fashion but that is how the code is now so moderators are aware of this.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:28 PM
BasinBum

Dennis,
Very funny, it was only a link to a video in the Crash section that I posted to the Jet section because I thought they would get a kick out of it. Maybe it was redundant but since it was all Jets crashing I thought there would be interest. Deleted with no explanation, so maybe there was an arguement will I was away. Hey, if I get out of hand I'll own up to it.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Mike in DC

BB, have you *ever* received an explanation for a thread or a post being deleted? In my experience, they just disappear, and you never hear anything about why.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:34 PM
BasinBum

Believe it or not (and for those of you who know me this will be hard to believe) I have never had a thread deleted. I've had them locked with an explanation (uaually none was needed) but never deleted. I PM'd the moderator and asked for an explanation so we'll see what happens.