Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Looks like Older Posts are Missing!

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Looks like Older Posts are Missing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:26 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks like Older Posts are Missing!

I have been using the search function to try to find a thread that I started quite some time ago. I don't know if it is a bug with the search or whether not all of the old threads were moved over, but I cannot find it.

So is the search not looking back to posts from the old RCU, or did not all of the data get moved over?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:33 PM
maverick

Default RE: Looks like Older Posts are Missing!

OK. Some more information. I did find the thread but I had to use different search criteria. This looks like a bug in the search function.

Go to the 'Jets' forum and type 'wildcat' into the search box at the bottom of the page. You will get no hits. Then type in 'ducted fan fuel' and you will get plenty of hits, one of which is the thread I was looking for with 'Wildcat' in the subject line.

So why does the single word 'wildcat' find nothing where there is a thread with 'wildcat' in the subject?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:48 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I used the search from the bottom of the Jets page I did not get any hits on "wildcat." When I clicked the SEARCH button at the top of the page and did a search of "wildcat" in the Jets forum I got 18 hits including your old post. Looks like there is a bug.

Eric
Old 11-17-2003, 11:17 PM
maverick

So the search at the top searches all forums and the search at the bottom searches only the current forum. Definitely looks like a bug with the search at the bottom of the page.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
mvigod
Banned

what if you set the search on the bottom to include the subject line search using the drop downs?
Old 11-18-2003, 03:50 PM
maverick

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

what if you set the search on the bottom to include the subject line search using the drop downs?
It defaults to 'Subject and Body' but even if I click and select 'Subject' from the dropdown it still doesn't find anything.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:32 PM
mvigod
Banned

I think it may be the time frame limiter on the one in the forum. How old is the thread you are referring to (or at least the post that has the word you are targeting)?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:20 PM
maverick

The thread was started on 10/16/02 but the date limit doesn't make sense as if I type in 'ducted fan fuel' into the search it finds it and if I type in 'wildcat' it doesn't. So the search does find the thread but only if I use the words 'ducted fan fuel' in the search.

I thought it may be to do with the search being case sensitive as the Wildcat in the thread has a capitalized 'W' but I tried searching for both 'Wildcat' and 'wildcat' and it doesn't find it either way. Plus the words 'Ducted Fan Fuel' are capitalized on the first letter and the search finds them OK.

This is the thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31.../tm.htm#318629

and the subject is:

"Wildcat Jet-A Ducted Fan Fuel?"

I really can't make any sense of it.