Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Kit Manufacturers Direct Support Forum-Needs Moderation

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Kit Manufacturers Direct Support Forum-Needs Moderation

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kit Manufacturers Direct Support Forum-Needs Moderation

I just went looking around in there. I saw a subject that was "GP Shoestring" related so i took a peek. Now I am well aware these support forums should be kept between lets say GP and who guy asking for help.
At the beginning of the Forum, Mr. Baxter respectfully asks everyone to stay out.
I could not help myself when Mr. Baxter gives a guy who just spent $200 on a Shoestring bad advice. That kind of advice may work on some cheap trainer or a Fazer, Magic or a plane in that catagory but not this plane or others inits class.
Control horns should be connected from both sides. Baxter states "As per instructions, just dip some CA down in their and screw em on." Just because something is in the instructions or it's "legal" does not make it the right thing to do.
Sure installing horns this way may last the entire life of the plane but common sense tells you I'm not so sure. I think this forum and others like it should be moderated a little closer .I have had a few personal dealings with this man and I do not agree with most of what he says or does.
Last year I bought that Kyosho Texan. Plane went together great. its a .40 size plane and i put a G90 in it. On my third flight, i was still getting the feel of it and trimming-not flying fast or anything and crack. The wing came right off. Myself, others and a respectable LHS owner took a look at this thing and many parts of the wing parts which were assembled by the factory were not glued in.
Sent the whole mess back to Baxter. He asked me what engine i had in it and i told him a G90. Oh! thats what did it, too much engine and the plane was to heavy. Mr Baxter failed to grasp that in addition to the G90 I had to add 1 lb of weight in the nose which was common to all those who had this plane and common for most warbirds to be tail heavy. Had i installed a .40 size engine, well it probably would have been 1 1/2 lbs up their in the nose.
I hashed this out with him and other GP people when sombody finaly saw the light. Mr. baxter wanted to replace the plane. What am I ? An idiot. After many calls, this was how i got my Shoestring which I would recommend to anybody.
You all better think twice about following some of that advice in these forums. (To include Mine) Mike Huckins-Albuquerque, NM aka "Cyclic Hardover" [>:]
Old 01-01-2004, 10:38 AM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit Manufacturers Direct Support Forum-Needs Moderation

Cyclic.

Since you are suggesting more moderation for this particular forum, I am moving it to Forum Questions or Problems. If you have complaints about the support, they should be taken up with Hobby Services.

In all fairness to Bax, he did suggest bolting the horn through the aileron, if the customer was not comfortable with the instructions.