Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Where did the pic come from?

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Where did the pic come from?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 07:39 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the pic come from?

Something is fishy here. When I visited the forums today I noticed that there was a picture under my name in all of my post. The picture is of warbirds. I dont even like warbirds, how in the heck did it get there? And at the end of my post it says "sig space for sale" . [sm=confused.gif] What is that all about?? I didnt put that crap there.

It also says "Stuff N Such" *** kinda msg is that??? I also noticed that my signature is not showing up anymore. If the guys at the field see a hardcore 3D guy with a warbird picture what will they think of me? [:'(]
Old 01-03-2004, 08:01 PM
MikeL

Default RE: Where did the pic come from?

Just a guess here, but if things like that are happening one of your buddies has your password and is playing a joke on you. Change your password, and change your options back to what they were. If posts have been made by someone else using your account (do a search) ask a staff member to give you the name of the ISP they were posted from--that'll make it easier to track down the joker. You'll have to congratulate him. Putting a warbird avatar on a 3D guy is pretty good!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:35 PM
southern_touch9

Only one other person from my field is a member here and they wouldnt do that []
Old 01-04-2004, 10:17 AM
southern_touch9

I have changed everything except the picture. I dont want a picture at all. How do I go about getting rid of it and not putting one up there.

Also, where are the site admn. people when you need them. Obviously someone is tampering with my account, how about doing something about it.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

A couple of months ago, I had a similar problem. It turned to be something on the order of the forum database being confused about who I was. I logged out of the forums and logged back in and the problem disappeared. You might try this.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:11 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try logging out and then back in. delete your cookies. we are looking into this but the odds of a session swap are like a billion to one or thereabouts.

it is possible if a test was being done in the database that an avatar pic could snag to your name if the record being tested was your account but I am not aware of any specific testing we are doing other than some things for our big server move this week.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:57 AM
southern_touch9

I logged back in and out and still the same pic. I think I will just replace the picture.