Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

e-mail notifactions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-mail notifactions

i've not changed a single setting, but the past two days my in box has had 3 hits for updates
( obscure threads i've not seen for weeks or more )
the days before it was 10-15 per 12 hours. coincides with the lack of recent pics weirdly enough.
i've just checked an old faithful thread that i've not been updated on, almost a pages worth. but the thread it's self still had me as regestered as it said "remove subscription"
this has happened before only for things to pick up again later ( the links took me to posts too far after the last one i had read before )

any reasons? i know i can checked the forums im subscribed to ( none ) but i'm not sure yet how to check subscribed threads. tho im sure i'll still be shown as subscribed.

anyone else getting this?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: e-mail notifactions

To check on your subscribed threads go to the main page of the forums. To the right of your avatar at the top of the page, click Subscribed Thread Activity. That should show all of your subscribed threads.

I don't know about your email notifications, one of the admins will have to answer that. It may be related to the switch to a new server.

Eric
Old 01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
mvigod
Banned

we are still stabilizing stuff after the switch. may take another day or two to get sorted out. I'm actually working on the images now
Old 01-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Cactus.

i had clicked there before and seen it said no furoms subscribed, what i didnt do was wait for my threads to load, i have so many they never did before on dial up, now im 1/3rd speed braodband i waited 2 mins and saw them. seams to be working today, but the forum is slow to load today, slower than before, but yesterday was lighting! and i'm not taken to the new post.
keep sloggin Marc, you'll get it.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:16 PM
mvigod
Banned

I'm running a few things in the background at various times. if you catch a server at that off moment it can slow for a bit.

just getting the last of the stuff cleaned up behind the scenes.

the email thing I checked out and cannot pinpoint it still. I'm going to have another developer look at it and see if we can find a logic error.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:47 PM
mvigod
Banned

has this improved in the last 24 hours for anyone?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Cactus.

speeds back up today, and lots of notifications, however a mail a friend sent yesterday at 5.30 didnt get here till 12.30, and after i wsa done here most of the net seemed slow, so i think my new ISP is going to be getting a nice E-mail sometime soon, this is the 3rd or 4th time in just one month things have gotten slower than my old dial up
Old 01-09-2004, 05:58 PM
mvigod
Banned

glad to hear notifies are working now. our dns had to propagate.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Cactus.

been sending my ISP lots of nice mails, they get a copy of the headder each time i get a late mail.

but heres a weird one. i'm seeing threads updated as i just browse around so i had a look at one, 1 min after i did i got the update lol i'm also getting mails for new posts after i have already posted again on that thread and get taken back to one before my post [&:]... strange thing is i'm not getting evey late mail, some just never see the light of day. i'm pretty sure it's not RCU but online life is getting confusing. Also gets annoying when between 8-11pm the net slows down to a crawl, i guess cheap boradband has it's downsides
Old 01-17-2004, 02:14 PM
mvigod
Banned

you might see if they can whitelist rcuniverse.com as an accepted sender to ensure a notify doesn't have a specific single keyword in it that could cause it to go down their blackhole
Old 01-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Cactus.

you mean my ISP whitelist RCU? because i have you on my softwares friends list.
anyway, for now RCU is back on my freeserve addy and i got this one on time... just the connection has gone from 111k to 28k in just 30 mins. cleared memory and cache and everything, no difference.
if i knew about this slowing in the evenings and that i wouldn't be able to access my website anymore i propbably wouldn't have changed ISP's
Old 01-17-2004, 02:27 PM
mvigod
Banned

yes..your isp may be able to white list rcuniverse.com. that would eliminate any possibility of blocked email for sure
Old 01-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Cactus.

it's not just RCU, i'm getting late mail form anyone sending to my Tiscali addy, infact now i've put RCU back on freeserve my GF on the computer now is getting annoyed with all these updates lol
will give it a go tho.

current speed test results for my connection...
Your speed 7.5 KBits/sec
0.9 KBytes/Sec