Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Aggravating PM problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 04:51 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aggravating PM problem

I had a few PM's to answer, so I answer the first one. I try to answer the second one, but I get the "60 Seconds..blah blah" flood control. No sweat...except when I click "OK", my response is gone. Have to re-type the whole thing. Well, by then much more than 60 seconds had passed, I got the same response, lost my reply again. Now I am aggravated! This time I Control C to copy my response to the clipboard before I attempt to reply. You guessed it, too soon. No sweat, I have the reply copied to my clipboard....I thought. Evidently you can't copy PM's to the clipboard.

Now that's a lot of work to try to reply to 2 PM's. I could understand if the interval was indeed 60 seconds, but I got screwed over after a lot more than 60 seconds, like several minutes.

I have another PM to respond to, let's see if it has taken me long enough to type this to get back into the system.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:20 PM
ChuckAuger

Default RE: Aggravating PM problem

Well, if I was aggravated before, now I'm livid.

I had a PM. I responded, went to the forums, replied to a post. In the meantime, the person I had responded to their PM had responded to me. You friggin guessed it!! My reply was wiped out.

This was a few minutes after my original response. It is BS to have to re-type whole replies to PM's just because I hadn't waited long enough. You need to set it up where I can re-try later without having the reply wiped out...I don't mind having to wait, it's the damned re-typing that is pi$$ing me off!!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chuck,

your reply was wiped out at exactly what point? I need to understand if it was after you sent it or before?

I am going to see if I can cut down the floodcheck period to 30 seconds. From what I remember it was fairly involved which is why I didn't get to it awhile ago.

marc
Old 01-30-2004, 08:31 PM
ChuckAuger

I type the reply, try to send and get the "You tried to post too quickly, wait 60 seconds" or whatever, and a Box to click "OK" I click "OK" and poof, the typed reply was not sent and was gone.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:57 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok..I understand. The behaviour you are seeing is actually the correct/intended behaviour. It is meant to stop a robot from sending 1000's of PM's to members per second. I will see if I can lower it to 30 seconds but in the meantime just be conscious of it and any long reply copy it before hitting submit (even in the forums). I've lost many a well thought out reply so if I have more than a few sentences in any post/PM I just copy it in case of error or browser crash. I know what it is like to lose a few paragraphs