Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Discussion FDorums being used as Wanted or For Sale Ads

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Discussion FDorums being used as Wanted or For Sale Ads

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:42 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discussion FDorums being used as Wanted or For Sale Ads

I see this being done on and off in both a variety of Heli Forums and Glow and Gas Engine Forums as well. Why is this being tolerated and allowed to fester by the Forum Mods? Nearly all of these violations are also listed in WTD where they should be so why allow them in the discussion forums?

Note: Please do not reply with - Where are these listed or did you tell the Moderators? I assume that they already know and if they don't they should as I cannot contact them at all.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:04 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Discussion FDorums being used as Wanted or For Sale Ads

shemp,

mods respond fastest to posts that are reported. not safe to assume they all will be found.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:39 AM
ShempHoward

Marc - As I still do not own a regular computer I still, as you know, cannot contact forum mods with my Web TV system
and therefore cannot put them wise to the problem but I must ask this question "If I can see this problem then why can't they??"
Old 02-08-2004, 12:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

they can if they look. we are in the process of finding out what moderators are still active and which ones are not so we can replace those who don't have the time right now.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

There are simply not enough moderators to read every post in every thread within their assigned areas. All 80,000 plus members, can assist in the moderating duties by reporting posts that outside of the RCU community guidelines. This is supposed to be for the good of all members and is set up for all members to be able to report posts. We can work together to make sure that RCU is what it should be.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Mike in DC

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

There are simply not enough moderators to read every post in every thread within their assigned areas.
I agree. We can't expect unpaid moderators (or even paid ones) to read every single post in even a single forum. I spend probably an hour a day on RCU, and probably don't read 1/100 of the posts in the forums I follow. We can expect the moderators to investigate every post that is reported to them. I've probably reported a dozen or so, and in almost every case, either the post was edited, deleted, or I got a nice PM from the moderator explaining his view of the matter. Moderators are fantastic on RCU! Use them!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:23 AM
ShempHoward

You don't really have to necessarily read the posts - all you need to do is look at the topic header when scanning the forum - its clear and simple. I don't buy any excuses here with this except for Mods who perhaps are no longer active on RCU. I spend less time here than most of you and because of the extra slow speed of Web TV I get to see less than you guys see by far but I can still spot those who are either posting wanted or for sale ads in the Forums. I would report these violations if I could but I cannot contact Mods or do very much else with my system.

Marc - When I was an RCU Mod back in the early days here you had some software that kept track of the time Mods spent on-line here or at least thats the distinct impression you once gave me. Do you still have this option??
Old 02-14-2004, 09:53 PM
mvigod
Banned

shemp,

that option exists somewhat but I don't have the data mining tools in place yet to extract useful info on that. I do know that we are doing a lot of cleanup every day in the market so whatever you are seeing I can assure you it is 2x worse without the work of the mods right now.

feel free to report anything not categorized correctly. we do look at every reported item.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:13 AM
ShempHoward

As I mentioned before - I can't report diddly squat via normal channels.