Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

multiple quotes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:54 AM
aimmaintenance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiple quotes

How do you get multiple qoutes in one reply?
LIke this. I just copied and pasted it for a sample.

RE: Marketing dilemma (in reply to DBCherry) Report This Post | (Post No. 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, Dennis, I'm glad you replied. I'd also like to hear from some of the others here who I have known to give solid, experienced advice.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBCherry

Paul,
This is, flat out, an "off - the - cuff" opinion, but if it were me, I'd say it depends on the magazine(s). If it's an E-Zine, I wouldn't do it at this time, nor would I if it were a printed magazine that's not really well known. (Especially to scratch builders.)

The magazine that I would go to is moderately well known and caters more to builders than the ARF market. That would limit my exposure, but at least hit the right market.

quote:

I'm assuming that you've already built this aircraft and flown it? If not, you should before you do anything with the plans. A rep for bad flying airplanes would be hard to shake off. (I know of your build skills, and would be surprised if you hadn't built/flown it, just thought I'd point that out.)

This is version 4. It's my best design by far. By that I mean it does what it is designed to do better than any other model I've ever built. Yes, I'm prejudiced, but I honestly believe I nailed this one.

quote:

Have you considered coming to RCU with a full blown package?? I'm sure you've documented your build, so you could offer a scratch build review of your plans design, then sell plans. I'm sure they'd want some kind of fee for the "advertising", but something could probably be worked out.

quote:

If you wanted to take it a step further, contact one of the kit cutters out there and see how much they'd want for a limited run of kits. If you could get the per kit cost down to a reasonable level, I'm sure there are guys here that would be willing to buy.

I'm not real interested in kitting, but I haven't ruled it out. One thing I do plan to do is offer the tail block and the inboard V-Tail pieces because they need to be accurately cut and by including them with the plan, the builder doesn't have to figure out how to make those pieces accurately. I would probably offer them as options so that those who can make them can save a couple bucks.

quote:

To expand on that a bit; if you couldn't afford the kit cost, you could offer a set of free plans to 5 or 10 people here, with the understanding that they'd have to build it, fly it, and post their experience. Of course you'd have to know the capabilities of the guys you offered the plans to, like MinnFlyer (if he's interested in a scratch build these days).

I have thought about this and my only concern is people signing up for a free set of plans but never building it. But again, there are people here that I certainly trust would act on good intentions. Interested?

I built the prototype with no plans in 10 days of off-duty time while I was in the service. It's not difficult to build, but it is very light and delicate. It's durable due to low mass, but it's not something I would recommend to somebody who can't make tight-fitting joints. There's no extra reinforcement and depends on solid building techniques. The reward is a 7 oz/square foot wing loading that can stay up 30-60 minutes on a .15 with a 3 oz tank.

quote:

If it's a good enough design, that could get you more exposure than a magazine.

It's better than a good design.

quote:

One question: could you send free plans to people or try cutting kits yourself, and sell the plans after if it doesn't work out, or are you likely to kill the potential sale?

I'm not sure how that would work. I have a feeling the design would be rejected by magazines if I attempted to market it in advance, but I don't know that for a fact.

Work is what I do for the love of it. My work is model building. A job is what I do to pay for it.

Okay the boxes didn't show up when I pasted it here.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: multiple quotes

Type the word "quote" inside of square brackets [ ] at the beginning of the text you want to quote, and "/quote" in square brackets at the end of the text. You may have to cut and paste if the text is from more than one post.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:51 AM
aimmaintenance

Well lets just see

Type the word "quote" inside of square brackets [ ] at the beginning of the text you want to quote, and "/quote" in square brackets at the end of the text.
and this

may have to cut and paste if the text is from more than one post.
take that....
Old 02-12-2004, 11:52 AM
aimmaintenance

weehoo!!

Thanks man!!