Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Time outs

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 12:44 AM
David Cutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time outs

I am still having problems with the fact that I am losing all my recent messages the instant I log off and log on again immediately.

This is particularly annoying when I have an email saying I have a message waiting for me. I go in, using the link in the email, and have to go through all the messages there since my last visit, or I lose them the moment I log off again.

Your system used to allow me about 30 minutes to log in again before the flag resets. Ever since this new timing has been in force, my contribution has been cut to about one quarter the messages I used to post, because I miss about 90 percent of them now.

If it's a cookie or something that holds my flag, would it help if I deleted it and started again?

-David C.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Time outs

Logging out resets your session and resets the timer. Logging out is the same as marking all forums read.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
David Cutler

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Logging out resets your session and resets the timer. Logging out is the same as marking all forums read.
Yes indeed. The problem I have is, if I use the link in an email to log in to read just the message it refers to, I end up losing all the other waiting messages unless I look at them and reply immediately. That kinda negates the usefulness of the email link in the first place.

For instance, when I responded to this link, I lost all the messages I would have read, and might have replied to.

-David C.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

The way I get around this issue is very simple. I click the link in the email and read the post. Then I go up and click the "My Forums" button and read the other posts if I am interested. There is no logging out to cause other post updates to be lost.