Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Java Error Line 766

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 10:06 AM
mlenser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Java Error Line 766

Every Page I open in RCUniverse has the following Java Script Error:

Java Script Error

Description :Object doesn't support this action
Source :http ://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_239/tt.htm
Line :766

See more details ?

OK Cancel

Its always line 766 but of course the html reference changes for each page.
Any ideas?

Also I see no way to upload an Avatar in my settings. Under the heading "My Avatar" are two options. The first is selected with no text behind the button (which looks greyed out). The second option is "Don't display avatar" and if I select this option I can no longer select the first (default) button. I see no option to upload an avatar although the FAQ and fact that most ppl have one displayed certainly implies I am missing something here.
hope you can help.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:23 AM
mlenser

Default RE: Java Error Line 766

Here is a pic of the area in My Settings
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76048.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	267708  
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what browser are you using?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
mlenser

Hello,

I am currently using:
[ul][*] Internet Explorer 6.02900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (thats a mouthfull!!).[*] Windows Xp Pro SP2 on a P4 3.2Ghz system.[*] Java2 Platform, Standard Edition, Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_02-b09) from Sun Microsystems (no updates available)

[/ul]
This is the only site I have any java errors on and they have existed since I joined the site (recently).
Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 PM
mvigod
Banned

I cannot duplicate yet.

do you have any firewall or blocking software running? norton, zone alarm? if so shut them off for a test and see if it resolves. let me know what happens.

I also have IE6 and SP2 and cannot get error and have not heard of other reports of this error.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:42 PM
mlenser

Yes that fixed the problem.
I run "Super Ad Blocker" to stop all the stupid popups on the internet these days and after exiting that everything works correctly. I can even see the option to upload an Avatar now.
Later I'll try a few settings on "Super Ad Blocker" to see if I can get it working with your site and I'll post what changes were needed.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
mvigod
Banned

thanks. maybe they have an option to allow certain sites to be bypassed.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:24 PM
mlenser

I already had www.rcuniverse.com added to the allow list and cannot find any other settings to stop the error. I have since contacted their customer support and am awaiting a reply as to how (if possible) to get it to work correctly with this site.

On another note I was able to upload an Avatar but I cannot see it here? In my settings the picture shows next to my upload link when I click on the icon and the second radio button (greyed out) is selected. But no icon appears next to the second radio button and I do not see my avatar in any posts (with or without the ad blocker running). I even tried using my laptop (which does not have the ad blocker installed) and tried Firefox browser aswell. I can upload the avatar .... click on the icon on the upload line and see the correct avatar, but it never displays in my posts.
Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2005, 04:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

yes. once you upload the avatar you click the ok button after it is complete. then you must submit the settings page immediately thereafter for it to take effect.