Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

RCU Poker

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Justin2895

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Poker

I was just wondering if 22nd place really gets the 200 $ certificate??
I think first should get that?

Thanks
Justin
Old 01-11-2006, 12:12 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: RCU Poker

You are correct. 22nd gets nothing. It's a typo.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Hehehe Justin....I've taken over 1st place. But not for long I'm sure

Cheers,

John
Old 01-14-2006, 10:30 AM
bassman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK your in first place. Good for you. Now how do you do it? I have been playing this game since it started. Here is the typical hand I get to start with. I would say that 30 out of 35 hands start like this. If it is truly luck then OK! You have over twice as many points as I do. What's you secert! How would you play this hand?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88284.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	387333  
Old 01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

I'd keep the queen for high card and the 9 for a possible longshot on a straight. If there was one more spade on the board, I'd go for a flush. I've usually finished in the top 100 or 200 every month this contest was offered. However, this is the first time I've ever been in the top ten let alone at #1 (for 1 day ). I had a really unusual good run one day where I got something like three 4-of-a-kinds, a couple flushes and a couple full houses. That's all it really took to launch me. Wish I could get that every day! It really is as much luck of the draw as anything. However, I do some things that may be out of line with others such as if there is a high-pair on a board with four hearts, I'll sacrifice the pair and go for the flush every time. You just gotta know your odds. That's how I've finished reasonably well consistently...no real "trick" to it. Just as with any statistics, the majority of the scores will finish in the middle (95%) with the outliers on either side of that. Luck of the draw!

Good luck

John