Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Cant save photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:28 PM
bnflyn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant save photos

Hope someone can help. I am trying to save all the post from this topic;

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_55..._1/key_/tm.htm.

The problem is when I save each page to a folder on my computer and call them back up, on some pages the pictures that accompany the posting do not come up. Instead of the picture I get a box with a red X in it and some garbled verbiage that looks to be related to the picture. The interesting thing tho is that on the above referenced topic the red x problem occurs on pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. The photos do show correctly on pages 6, 10, 11 and 12.

Is it possible that the problem pages are corrupt? I have listed RCU in my trusted zone on the firewall and cleared the cookies and old files but that did not help.

Thank you for the help,

Bernie
Old 12-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cant save photos

It could be the difference between attached photos and photos hosted on a remote server. If photos are uploaded and attached via RCU, you'll probably see them. If they're uploaded and hosted on another website, they may not be saving.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
bnflyn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant save photos

Nathan, thanks for the prompt reply. appreciate the time you devote to RCU and helping a computer illiterate.

I discovered late yesterday that the photos in question are actually being saved with the posting pages but as thumbs in the file folder associated with the page save. I can get them to display full size if I double click on them but as I mentioned they will not be displayed with the actual pages as I read them off line. I think it must have something to do with the number of full size photos that are inserted in his article.

For example page one of the article has 16 full size, non thumbs that is, and two thumbs. The pages with one or two full size photos will display correctly offline but pages with a large number of photos will not. Must be a file limit of some kind in my computer I need to change.

Thanks for your help,

Bernie